Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD price increase this Monday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like just the US for now

5FE42550-06CC-492E-8B5F-C9275B5E2A07.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Agreed. I think it would be very interesting to try something that is supposed to work in the UK. Based on my experience with Autopilot and TACC to date, I think it will be many years before something is available that I would spend my money on.

I'm also sceptical that we'll see reliable FSD in the UK in any reasonable timescale. Heck of a coincidence that someone unknown on Twitter releases some sneak previews of the new FSD, hours before Elon tweets that the price of FSD is going up from Monday. Anyone with a suspicious mind might think that the two events were somehow linked . . .

Looks like they done me....bought EAP before sept was finished. If I’d seen the latest footage of fsd would prob have taken that. No real complaint that’s the nature of the beast but feel a bit done over
FOMO is real :) Musk knows how to work his customer base.

I would not fret too much, I don't think the price in the UK will be going up this Monday. I would expect it to go up shortly after we get access to the FSD beta though. I don't think we'll see the FSD beta in the UK, even in limited numbers, for at least a month or two if not more.

Whilst the technology is fascinating, I don’t get the appeal of FSD. I find the level of enthusiasm over it rather surprising. I quite like driving and don’t really look forward to the day when I don’t need to do it.

I haven’t yet had a single journey during which I was pleased that I had Autopilot. On the contrary, I find it irritating and occasionally scary rather than relaxing or fatigue-reducing.

Maybe fully-functional FSD is something that one has to experience like automatic gearboxes or air conditioning before appreciating the value. I still think it will be many years before you can switch it on, trust it and do something else whilst the car drives itself. It will be interesting to see how often this new FSD nags you for input on the wheel.

Reactions: Alwayshopeful
Whilst the technology is fascinating, I don’t get the appeal of FSD. I find the level of enthusiasm over it rather surprising. I quite like driving and don’t really look forward to the day when I don’t need to do it.

I haven’t yet had a single journey during which I was pleased that I had Autopilot. On the contrary, I find it irritating and occasionally scary rather than relaxing or fatigue-reducing.

Maybe fully-functional FSD is something that one has to experience like automatic gearboxes or air conditioning before appreciating the value. I still think it will be many years before you can switch it on, trust it and do something else whilst the car drives itself. It will be interesting to see how often this new FSD nags you for input on the wheel.

completely get where you’re coming from and it’s one of the reasons I bought EAP....thinking I’m happy to let the car do the boring motorway miles but I want to enjoy driving at other times. Although after seeing the new fsd beta I can see it’s appeal when driving in traffic

I sortof felt the same, until I drove to Wales recently. The car drove itself competently for 85% of the journey (probably 50 miles or more?) and all I had to do was confirm lane changes (FSD). Hard to say whether I felt more refreshed at the end of it - as I left at 6am - but it certainly felt sublime and validated the tech in my mind.

There's the why-let-something-else-drive-while-I'm-in-there side of things, which for most of the time I agree, I'd rather drive. But the side of FSD that interests me is that it would possibly mean I could move to one car. Me and the wife have different working hours, where I'm generally sat in an office for most of the day and she starts and finishes at a different time to me, so I could drive the car to work, get out and it could drive home.
It could also potentially do the school run, or go and collect my parents from 70 miles away to come over for a meal. So it's the journeys that I don't want to do that would make a difference.

There's the why-let-something-else-drive-while-I'm-in-there side of things, which for most of the time I agree, I'd rather drive. But the side of FSD that interests me is that it would possibly mean I could move to one car. Me and the wife have different working hours, where I'm generally sat in an office for most of the day and she starts and finishes at a different time to me, so I could drive the car to work, get out and it could drive home.
It could also potentially do the school run, or go and collect my parents from 70 miles away to come over for a meal. So it's the journeys that I don't want to do that would make a difference.
I'm going to go out on a limb here an say that that is not happening in the UK with any car that any of us currently owns.