Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD price increase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got EAP on my Model S but did not opt for FSD as there was nothing the money bought me at the time. Not sure there’s anything yet either.

No there's nothing, and even EAP is lacking Smart Summon. From memory I think traffic light recognition is the first FSD departure from EAP, and I don't see that happening anytime soon either. It's not called buying the Unicorn for nothing o_O

Reactions: PrGrPa
I’d like to try FSD before I buy.
I’m surprised Tesla don’t do a month’s free trial. A Referral code process could help as well?

They may have offered FSD (or variants of it) on a trial basis to limited sets of people in the past.

I’m pretty sure if they offered FSD on a free trial basis now everyone would try and after showing off some of the party tricks to friends and family the vast majority would cancel at the end of the month. Hence it makes sense for Tesla not to offer a wholesale trial and try to make £5.8K (possibly increasing by a grand soon) for a permanent sign-up and software activation!

Sorry, but until such time FSD delivers a reasonable amount of value-add I’m going to continue to call it Fake Self Driving. If I was feeling really generous I might call it Future Self Driving.