Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Price Increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just went in to my Model Y order to possibly make a color change and noticed that if you make a change for any reason and had FSD previously on the order, your price will go up $1,000 to reflect the new FSD price. Needless to say I didn't make that color change! Hope everyone had their design locked in!

Dan

Just curious, is it that big of a difference to buyers? $1000 spread out over 60 months payment with bad 4% APR is roughly $15-$20 difference. I am by no means assuming people having unlimited funds but I feel the need to get FSD locked in is unnecessary at this time. Even at $10,000 add on upon 100% approval, that would be a worthy price to pay.

Elon had tweeted “midnight 11/1”. To me that meant tonight! Just went online to order after returning from our NorCal evacuation and it’s up $1k today already. I tweeted Tesla; not much hope...
upload_2019-11-1_15-16-26.jpeg

The price increase works both ways. Back in August the price went down by including AutoPilot. My pre-order went down $4,000 since it is white. AWD, white, white interior, and FSD at $59,000. To get this price reflected I had to work with a service rep through the chat but it went from $63k to $59k. I am trying not to want any changes so I can keep that price up to order time.

Just curious, is it that big of a difference to buyers? $1000 spread out over 60 months payment with bad 4% APR is roughly $15-$20 difference. I am by no means assuming people having unlimited funds but I feel the need to get FSD locked in is unnecessary at this time. Even at $10,000 add on upon 100% approval, that would be a worthy price to pay.

A $1000 FSD increase isn't that big of a difference IMO when customers are buying a 45 - 65 K vehicle. However it's quite possible FSD may go up 4 - 5K before those who have ordered and paid the 2.5K "deposit". That is a good incentive to order now and think carefully about what variant and color you really want. As Dan has learned (and the pre order contract implicitly states) any change made to configuration will trigger losing the FSD price in place when your order was placed. If some change is desired, best to make it early as possible before further FSD cost increases are made.

Reactions: jimmym1981