Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fsd slowing to 20% of rated speed, fihting the accelerator pedal or set speed, fsd becomming unavaliable, the same drive again within 3hrs, perfect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had this happen yesterday, went to pick up a friend and I decided to clean the cameras so everything worked well and I could show off fsd, drive out there was plagued with weird glitches, the car slowing to 50% or 25% of the speed limit, flicking up the max speed did nothing, id hold the gas pedal and the car would jerk along fighting the gas pedal until I decide to let go and it coasts but steering was jittery. A total loss of ability.
Super embarassing have the car jerk around, phantom brake (I haven't experienced this on the car or fsd since Jan 2022)

Driving back into the city had fsd shut off multiple times after I took over, it just wasn't avaliable and threw strange errors.

Fast forward to dropping my friend back off and doing the same drive, it was perfect, no issues on the same roads.

I have no explination for this, I've had about 2 weeks of perfect no intervention drives but had the car totally lose its mind unexpectedly.

Has anyone experienced this?

I had this happen yesterday, went to pick up a friend and I decided to clean the cameras so everything worked well and I could show off fsd, drive out there was plagued with weird glitches, the car slowing to 50% or 25% of the speed limit, flicking up the max speed did nothing, id hold the gas pedal and the car would jerk along fighting the gas pedal until I decide to let go and it coasts but steering was jittery. A total loss of ability.
Super embarassing have the car jerk around, phantom brake (I haven't experienced this on the car or fsd since Jan 2022)

Driving back into the city had fsd shut off multiple times after I took over, it just wasn't avaliable and threw strange errors.

Fast forward to dropping my friend back off and doing the same drive, it was perfect, no issues on the same roads.

I have no explination for this, I've had about 2 weeks of perfect no intervention drives but had the car totally lose its mind unexpectedly.

Has anyone experienced this?

Sounds like an unfinished quality you me: Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

Reactions: 2101Guy
I had the exact same issue this morning.

And same for me, I've on beta since last march without similar glitches (apart from fsd "normal" issues that is). I came here looking for possible explanation/solutions.

The car will be parked for a couple hours and I will retry later. Hopefully that will reset ... something ... and fsd back to normal. I will try to post the results.

Some have speculated Tesla is doing some sort of "A/B Testing" where the car switches between two competing modes to determine which is more effective. I don't know that this is the case, but I've seen lots of examples posted here that seem to indicate it's a possibility. My car has done the same thing, also. I've had lots of nearly perfect drives, and some that are a train wreck from the start.