Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD status knowable from the software menu?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My '22 M3 was recently totaled and I'm looking to replace it. This means I'm scrounging in the used car market. It's an adventure trying to dodge VINs without heated steering wheels, without matrix headlights, etc etc. So I'm getting pretty good and finding the details.

One thing I can't figure out is: is it possible to tell if a car has FSD (paid) versus FSD (subscription)? I'm a little suspicious that folks are paying for a month of it so that they can take a picture saying the car has it and charge a higher price. Or maybe I can snag one from a dealer that doesn't understand the software is installed.

Here's an example car. LMK thoughts on FSD and thanks.

My '22 M3 was recently totaled and I'm looking to replace it. This means I'm scrounging in the used car market. It's an adventure trying to dodge VINs without heated steering wheels, without matrix headlights, etc etc. So I'm getting pretty good and finding the details.

One thing I can't figure out is: is it possible to tell if a car has FSD (paid) versus FSD (subscription)? I'm a little suspicious that folks are paying for a month of it so that they can take a picture saying the car has it and charge a higher price. Or maybe I can snag one from a dealer that doesn't understand the software is installed.

Here's an example car. LMK thoughts on FSD and thanks.
That doesn't have FSD software, only hardware.

Its included software is Auotopilot, not FSD.

If FSD is being rented, it would say something like that (monthly).

Upvote 0
That doesn't have FSD software, only hardware.

Its included software is Auotopilot, not FSD.

If FSD is being rented, it would say something like that (monthly).
On a similar search looking for a Y for my son and had similar concerns. As Tam noted this portion of the screen has the answer, where is says Autopilot you would see FSD, Enhanced or other instead. Where it says Included Package, I'm guessing you will see monthly:

Attachments

• Sample Screen.png
    Sample Screen.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0