Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD subscription 2023.20.6 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

drshan

Jan 5, 2017
Pittsburgh
Apologize if this is repetitive. I have a 2020 model S long range. I just installed the software 2023.20.6. I believe that has FSD capabilities in that software. If I subscribe today to FSD, will I be offered the beta program to use auto steer on streets immediately?

To my understanding, Tesla isn't doing "request FSD and wait to get it" anymore. Now they build FSD into certain firmware (like 2023.20.6). If you are already on 2023.20.6, you can use FSD Beta as soon as you subscribe. If you are not on firmware with built-in FSD beta, you will have to wait for the software update even if you subscribed. Some people get the update the same day or the next day, while others waited for a few weeks.

Upvote 0
and if this is your first time subscribing FSD, Tesla will give you a "Grace period" of two days. Meaning you can use FSD as soon as you subscribe, but you won't be charged until two days after. If you don't get FSD beta, you can cancel it at no cost anytime during this period.

Reactions: drshan
Upvote 0