Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Transfer June 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Tesla Community,

I recently learned that Elon made an announcement at the shareholders' meeting about the FSD transfer and coincidentally, I have my delivery scheduled for tomorrow evening. I'm transitioning from a Model S 2017 and would appreciate any advice on the process.

Has anyone gone through a similar experience during a previous announcement? Any tips on handling the transfer and delivery would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is anyone else here taking delivery tomorrow? It would be great to connect with others in the same situation.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reactions: zoomer0056
I'm in the exact boat as you, VIN showed up yesterday and delivery can be scheduled for tomorrow. Although I know the delivery advisors were definitely blind sided by this my thought process is that because they've done it before hopefully it's something easy enough to turn on?

I don't know what to do... We're talking an $8000 option I'm very interested in keeping, I'm potentially leaving on the table if I take delivery now. This is my 5th Tesla purchase and although a very unconventional way to announce it, Elon clearly stated ok, "one more quarter of FSD transfer".

In my case I'm awaiting what could otherwise end up as a unicorn deal of the new Ultra Red Performance 3 at the original day 1 price eligible for the $7500 and with FSD from my 2018 I've yet to sale.

Per advisor: "The only thing is Elon didn't specify which quarter. The only option to delay this specific order is we can pass on this VIN and place your order on hold for a maximum of 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks, your order will go back into the queue to await the next available VIN. Whenever you get assigned that VIN though, you won't be able to pass on it or else the order would be cancelled." I confirmed if I did this it wouldn't change anything about my order.

Frustrating going down this route as I waited years for this car, ordered 5 minutes after announced and I was super excited to get it and now the wind has been kind of taken out of my sails knowing FSD is potentially going to be available to transfer, but no promises that it could be in play in the next two weeks best case scenario or much longer if I have to wait 2 more months to get the next VIN. Does anyone remember how long it took them to implement last time they did it, or the process?

Reactions: skhan
I have a weird case for the transfer of super charging and FSD. Everyone feedback would be much appreciated. I owned a Model X with FSD and free SC but sold the car when i moved to Japan for work in November of 2020. I am not moving back and ordered a Model Y performance. Do you think that i would qualify for a transfer? If so, how does it work? Thank you all!!!

I have a weird case for the transfer of super charging and FSD. Everyone feedback would be much appreciated. I owned a Model X with FSD and free SC but sold the car when i moved to Japan for work in November of 2020. I am not moving back and ordered a Model Y performance. Do you think that i would qualify for a transfer? If so, how does it work? Thank you all!!!
You can only transfer when you own the vehicle.

Reactions: hayito
Tesla Japan announced the FSD Transfer program yesterday 6/19/24. Hoping that means it is imminent in NA. Now that the words have been spoken people are holding off on orders and delaying them. Best for them to go ahead and allow the transfers. Tesla needs the positive sales numbers.

Reactions: skhan