Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD with current great? Not possible.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't believe there are too many T intersections with a 100 km/h speedlimit. Not any in Norway afaik, max speed limit for junctions like that is 80 km/h. If any other country has them, I believe they will disappear soon as it's obviously not safe for human or computers.
Here the majority of rural roads are 100km/h. Some are 110km/h and further up north 130km/h. Humans can process the speeds/distances just fine. I think this also matches USA fairly well where you'd want Autopilot to handle roads with traffic 75mp/h-85mp/h

Still, considering you have an intersection like that, you still have 2 seconds traveling the same direction to accellerate.

2 Seconds is not enough when it takes 6 seconds to get to 100km/h

Tesla have to keep upgrading them if you bought FSD

Plenty of precedence. Those P85D owners never got 691hp. Settlement in the courts for those who were pissed off enough.

Keep in mind AP1 was promised to have summon to anywhere on your property and on ramp to off ramp. This later got watered down to forward/backward summon and lane changes only after user input.

No reason why HW3 won't face restrictions. Maybe it'll technically do FSD but avoid all problematic intersections.... Or maybe it'll require human input to push the screen when it isn't quite sure.

I think it's best to notice that the shortcomings promised with HW1 (on ramp to offramp) were addressed with the 8 camera HW2+

It's likely the shortcomings promised with HW2+ (robotaxi) are addressed with the next sensor suite (Hw4+)

Reactions: sdoorex
I don't believe there are too many T intersections with a 100 km/h speedlimit. Not any in Norway afaik, max speed limit for junctions like that is 80 km/h. If any other country has them, I believe they will disappear soon as it's obviously not safe for human or computers.

Still, considering you have an intersection like that, you still have 2 seconds traveling the same direction to accellerate. Also an attentive driver on the highway would also reduce the speed. So accidents should still not happen too often.

Here in Colorado in the USA there are certainly cross intersections on roads with 65 MPH (~105 km/h) speed limits, here's an example. There are quite a few states that allow 65 MPH+ on rural undivided highways which can have crosstraffic with Texas and Nevada allowing up to 75 MPH (~120 km/h).