Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD with new car or buy after

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered with FSD, but I am thinking of taking it off the order and adding after delivery.

If I get FSD with the car will that raise my insurance rate?

Does adding FSD later stay with the car when selling it privately?

Does a new Tesla that includes FSD come with the window sticker (Monroney sticker) that includes FSD in the purchase price?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Reactions: Pcutter
1. dont know

2. Yes, if selling the car private party or to anyone other than back to tesla directly.

3. The monroney should have it on there, I would think, but it being on the monroney or not wont change all that much of anything.

As for "Any thoughts" there is an entire subforum here on TMC dedicated entirely to the discussion of FSD and autopilot, here:

As for general sentiment, the people who like FSD are way (way way way way way way way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy) over discussing it online, so what you end up with is a bunch of people who dont like it being the ones giving the opinions online about it. So, TMCs general opinion will be "dont bother" because people who actually like FSD are not going to participate in any discussion on it any longer (except for the super minority who like arguing online).