Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fukuta supply role to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end he held a motor that resembled a Tesla front motor.

Actually he didn't, whatever he held up in the end was a very small motor, about the size of an ICE starter motor. There wasn't a single motor in that video which Tesla uses in a vehicle. I don't know what was said but I'm pretty sure it was about supplying parts for Tesla, which we already knew.

Fukuta appears to be over selling their current importance in Tesla's supply chain. Constant propaganda from most likely state run news outlets trying to infer they still manufacture the entire drive motor. With the rising popularity of Tesla it appears to be some sort of national pride angle or some sort of money grab by Fukuta. Wouldn't surprise me if the company is intentionally misstating bill of lading documents that end up on whatever database Avenger keeps constantly purging to back up some sort of government funding.

Last edited:
Reactions: newtman
Here's the other main video showing Tesla motor production:

Note the stator steel laminations are shown in the assembly video, but note the winding of the copper wiring that is not in the Fukuta video. Plus there's a rotor.

Still, Fukuta could make the whole thing if it made sense. After all, Magna provided the full drivetrain for the Ford Focus Electric and LG is making the drivetrain for the Chevy Bolt.

Correct. The video actually completely discredits the troll's theory once and for all. We should thank him for posting it.
Billoflading.PNG

Model S Specifications
Curb weight 2100 kg

Your AC Induction motor listed in the manifest masses more than the entire car. Obviously it's not a motor for a Tesla Model S.

Even if there's 2 of them per container, that's most of the mass of one car. Still obviously not a motor for a car.

Last edited:
This was put to rest in another thread here last year. Yes, it appears Fukuta supplies motors to Tesla, but note they are servo motors, not propulsion motors. After much back and forth it became apparent Fukuta provides some of the feature motors for the Model S like for extending the door handles and possibly for the power hatch option. Those are fairly small motors with very small duty cycles compared to the propulsion motors.

• Informative
Thank god there are folks like you boys. 2018 Puts are cheap as dirt - please keep believing in Elon and his fraud. My profits from shorts I convert into PUT positions - when bankruptcy happens. XXOOXXXXXOOXXOO

PS I you would like to see the specs for an AC Induction motor you will find them here http://www.nwtlimited.com/images/download/pdf/908354137Fukuta_Motor Catalogue_2014.pdf

Please keep up the fight - and keep allowing me to use my Profits to expand my PUT positions. XXOOOXXX God love you,

Status
Not open for further replies.