Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Payment in Advance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone from TX confirm the process now? My last purchase was in 2019 and I had to pay in full before the car would even ship to TX.

Yes, that was the case with my order placed in January and delivered in March.

You actually purchase it in California, and they ship it to Texas. The good part (I guess) is your VIN cannot mysteriously disappear at the end of the quarter, as technically you already own the car.

Always wondered what happens if you tried to reject delivery once it arrvies?

Tim

When did you pick up the car? Or you’re still waiting for the wire “to be verified” whatever that means?
August 28 pick up, my bank is a direct lender they have separate account they wire funds to(wired August 25). Which is different from 3rd party lenders which they have a separate account they can wire funds to!

Tesla claims they didn’t see the money, since it’s weekend I couldn’t get in contact with bank! Monday, a lot of calls and emails which didn’t go anywhere! Tesla customer support is crap, every number you call. Anyone in their system can pick up, always get a different person.

Come Wednesday I got tired of calls/emails, after work I went to Tesla dealer and got both manager and bank on phone together. Bank seem annoyed it was not resolve either. Bank said they will call back she will track down the wire confirmation number from finance dept. By this time Tesla is closed, we left got to Pho restaurant and sat to eat, got call from bank/email for wired confirmation number!

Now I got direct email of local Tesla manager and forwarded the confirmation number. Was confirm and pick up next day Thursday September 2.
Would like to say everyone I talked to was nice and courteous. But I fault Tesla system - it needs to be better! Lol

***Tesla did take my down payment using plaid from personal account on Wednesday September 1, before any of this was resolve***

Reactions: MG535
I have a Model 3 SR+ on order with a delivery window of 2 - 3 weeks from now. I will be paying cash and I got the following message on my account page:

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery

Please submit a secure payment for your Tesla directly from your checking or savings account. We do not accept credit card payments.

Does Tesla really expect people to pay in full for a vehicle they haven't even seen yet? Has anyone else experienced this?
They don't want to be in the credit business. It's been this way for a dozen years of more, so people get loans from their banks if they can't come up with cash.

I just picked up my MY last Tuesday. I had set up Plaid a couple of days prior to pick up to pay directly from my bank. The money did not transfer to Tesla until after I signed for delivery at pick up. I can't imagine an easier way to move that much money with no fees. The entire delivery process was very quick and easy...maybe I was a lucky one.

Reactions: TBrownTX