Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Self Driving....new video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Needs another song by the Rolling Stones

How about "You can't always get what you want"? :D
Good one. But, I guess I do get what I want in this case :) I downloaded the video and slowed it down to normal speed. It appears that the video speed is roughly 5x normal (other than about 1 second at the beginning and a few seconds at the end where it is normal speed) and it is about a 10 minutes drive.

The interesting thing I noticed is that while the Tesla does a really great job of driving (in not very dense traffic), it doesn't observe the speed limit very well. There is no place along that 280 route in San Mateo where the speed limit is 75 mph. The car is going 75 in a 65 zone. Not terrible, but enough to get a ticket from an aggressive cop. I lived there. Cops love to stick it to you in that area. On the exit to Sand Hill road, it goes 55 in a 40 exit zone. Then again doing a few miles over the limit on a main road, within reasonable speed range, but still over the limit.

Bottom line, a fairly impressive drive.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
Good one. But, I guess I do get what I want in this case :) I downloaded the video and slowed it down to normal speed. It appears that the video speed is roughly 5x normal (other than about 1 second at the beginning and a few seconds at the end where it is normal speed) and it is about a 10 minutes drive.

The interesting thing I noticed is that while the Tesla does a really great job of driving (in not very dense traffic), it doesn't observe the speed limit very well. There is no place along that 280 route in San Mateo where the speed limit is 75 mph. The car is going 75 in a 65 zone. Not terrible, but enough to get a ticket from an aggressive cop. I lived there. Cops love to stick it to you in that area. On the exit to Sand Hill road, it goes 55 in a 40 exit zone. Then again doing a few miles over the limit on a main road, within reasonable speed range, but still over the limit.

Bottom line, a fairly impressive drive.
I suspect they set it to purposely do over the limit to stop the complaints about "FSD drives too slow". You may recall that was a common complaint about summoning.

Yup, I was thinking that as well, and I hope you are right. I wouldn't want the car to break speed limit laws by default just because people like to drive faster :)

My EAP will go 5 over up to 55 then, I think 120 mph is the limit of EAP... I say I think because I haven’t found a place for me to check it out that would be safe ;0-

Reactions: Silicon Desert