Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full wrap of M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. Considering wrapping my Model 3 Pearl White in Xpel Stealth. Authorized Xpel place in my area says by looking closely at places like where the bumper connects with the body, there may be a very small line where you will notice the unwrapped paint (because they don’t take off the bumpers to wrap). Anyone got experience with this? Would it be that bad you think?

My opinion is totally amateurish, but I've been watching a ton of videos as I'm planning to do this myself. Already have the film for the bumper, we'll see how that goes. Either way, from what I understand a good installer should be able to cover all of it without you noticing anything at all coming through. There shouldn't be any places unwrapped, that goes against the point of the wrap. Check out some youtube videos and I'd say educate yourself on the process, just so you can pick out if the installer seems like they'll be good or not. Hope that helps a bit.

My opinion is totally amateurish, but I've been watching a ton of videos as I'm planning to do this myself. Already have the film for the bumper, we'll see how that goes. Either way, from what I understand a good installer should be able to cover all of it without you noticing anything at all coming through. There shouldn't be any places unwrapped, that goes against the point of the wrap. Check out some youtube videos and I'd say educate yourself on the process, just so you can pick out if the installer seems like they'll be good or not. Hope that helps a bit.

Oh the installer says everything will be covered. What he’s talking about is the fact my paint is not matte and I’ll be doing a stealth (or matte) wrap. There’s no worries for most of the job where he can fold the wrap behind the visible part, i.e. doors, hood, etc. Where there may a very slight visible line is where he can’t fold behind the part such as where the bumper meets the body. Makes sense? Just wondering if folks here have wrapped a non matte car with a matte film and whether or not this was an issue.

• Disagree
Reactions: theblindtree
I have the Model 3 in White with XPEL Stealth. The lines are not obvious to the casual observer. I've started noticing them more, primarily around corners and edges. For the price, I expected more but mine was the first Model 3 this shop had done a full wrap on so I expect they relied on the templates provided by XPEL.

Since you're considering it, I will warn you that the wrap is super subtle. I've had a few positive comments on it but it's mostly hard to tell unless it's next to a gloss white car.

I have the Model 3 in White with XPEL Stealth. The lines are not obvious to the casual observer. I've started noticing them more, primarily around corners and edges. For the price, I expected more but mine was the first Model 3 this shop had done a full wrap on so I expect they relied on the templates provided by XPEL.

Since you're considering it, I will warn you that the wrap is super subtle. I've had a few positive comments on it but it's mostly hard to tell unless it's next to a gloss white car.
Pics please

Pics please
Overcast day. Can you tell which is which?
54838481064__F4CB0840-2B7A-49AA-BC57-9CD32CA58F7B.jpg
zXKyjwW

Reactions: SCW-Greg

Thanks. That’s very helpful. Another question if I may. Did they cut out holes for the sensors or wrapped over them?

Depending on how good the installer is, they can do their best to get as close as possible to the edges to minimize the exposed edges (which exposes your actual paint) to a certain point. Like they said, unless they take off panels to do a complete wrapped edges look, the edges will typically only be noticeable when really up close. At that point, you'll be paying a lot more for the extra work.

If you don't want to see any of your factory paint, vinyl would be better as it's easier to lay down but then the color you want isn't available.

We've done some stealth wraps and even when the edges are slightly exposed, it isn't a big deal to a lot of our clients. It ultimately boils down to how meticulous you are & how much you're willing to spend to get what you want.

I had my pearl white Model 3 wrapped in XPEL Stealth with 3M Dark Gray for covering the chrome, Ceramic Pro over everything for easy cleaning, front and rear Tesla badges painted black and side windows tinted with Huper Optik (30%). All by Elite Auto Films in San Jose but I added the minature white vinyl Tesla logos to the side camera bumps and got them to add ceramic coating over them. Yes, the satin look is pretty subtle on white paint (more so in photos) and yes, they did warn about how difficult it is to wrap with XPEL Stealth as it’s a thicker material meant for protecting matte paint jobs, not for covering a glossy paint coating – but it came out looking great:

DSC09748.jpg

DSC09732.jpg

More pictures here:
We Finally Got Our Model 3's

Last edited:
Reactions: SCW-Greg and Gavyne
Last edited: