Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full XPEL wrap and Spectra Photosync Tint on Model X from Adonis Detail.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Just thought I'd share a very positive experience I had with @Tim@adonisdetail

Note: Work was done before end of 2016 but I gave it time before I felt comfortable with posting a review.

My best present for Christmas 2016 was getting to know Tim at Adonis Detail. Christmas is not about 'things', it is about people and relationships. Meeting such an honest and hardworking individual like Tim gives me faith that there are people out their that value their reputation over "one and done" transactions.

When it comes to services, we all need a GOTO person. When it comes to window tinting and paint protection films, Tim is my man.

I have had 7 personally owned vehicles tinted/filmed by various vendors throughout Orange County. Being a diligent Yelper and car forums participant, I have successfully found excellent vendors that I have no complaints about. While I had no complaints, none of my other experiences were remarkable even though I felt they would have earned five stars. They earned five stars because they did what they promised.

For people like Tim, Yelp really needs a system where you can grant 6 stars on a very limited and selected basis. Six stars is when you way over-deliver on what you paid for.

The vehicle that I needed tint and paint protection film on is a Tesla Model X. It is a vehicle that requires someone experienced with Teslas, someone with an already established reputation working on high end cars, and someone who works with higher end tint and paint protection films.

I had a short list of about half a dozen five star yelp vendors/Tesla Motor Club references that I decided to follow up on to work on our Model X. I interviewed them all for materials used, pricing and my gut feelings/experience from years of professional vendor valuation. Two of the six vendors I already had prior experience with. One of them did Xpel film on my wife's Audi Q5 a few years back. Another vendor I tested with our Chevy Volt while the Model X was on order.

Trying to find the right balance of price/reputation/materials I selected Tim. Driving a Tesla means you are not broke. Driving a Tesla doesn't mean you are necessarily loaded either. I have to hope I made the right decision when it comes to this level of investment. One extra consideration was distance. I'm coming from Irvine so it takes me 90 minutes one way. I was hoping my efforts would pay off.

One thing about car detail shops is you don't "really know" who ultimately touches your car. While the business itself might have a reputation, you don't have detail on the individual workers themselves. With Tim it's not taking to a salesman. It was a pleasant surprise to find out that Tim himself does all the paint protection film. I like it when all the accountability is with one person.

For the work, I went with
Complete Whole Car Specta Photosync Window Tint (Windshield was done at Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos)
Complete Whole Car Xpel Ultimate Paint Protection Film

The majority of the work done was custom with few kits. What I especially liked was the attention to detail.

Tim removed license plates and badges which necessitated a trip for Tim out to the Tesla Service center to buy new badges. I had Xpel before on my Q5 and the installer just cut around it.

I recommend that everyone cross shop with other installers in the San Diego and LA area but in the end, I was very happy with the product and service for the price. It was significantly more affordable for me based on my research in the LA-> San Diego corridor.

IMG_7500.jpg
IMG_7759.JPG
IMG_7778.JPG
IMG_7781.JPG
IMG_7784.JPG
IMG_7792.JPG
IMG_7794.JPG
IMG_7799.JPG
IMG_7805.JPG
IMG_7807.JPG

Did you notice any ghosting while night driving before Specta Photosync Window Tint? If so, did the tint reduce/get rid of the ghosting? I ask because there have been claims that Specta Photosync Window Tint helps get rid of ghosting.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cowby

Note: Work was done before end of 2016 but I gave it time before I felt comfortable with posting a review.

My best present for Christmas 2016 was getting to know Tim at Adonis Detail. Christmas is not about 'things', it is about people and relationships. Meeting such an honest and hardworking individual like Tim gives me faith that there are people out their that value their reputation over "one and done" transactions.

When it comes to services, we all need a GOTO person. When it comes to window tinting and paint protection films, Tim is my man.

I have had 7 personally owned vehicles tinted/filmed by various vendors throughout Orange County. Being a diligent Yelper and car forums participant, I have successfully found excellent vendors that I have no complaints about. While I had no complaints, none of my other experiences were remarkable even though I felt they would have earned five stars. They earned five stars because they did what they promised.

For people like Tim, Yelp really needs a system where you can grant 6 stars on a very limited and selected basis. Six stars is when you way over-deliver on what you paid for.

The vehicle that I needed tint and paint protection film on is a Tesla Model X. It is a vehicle that requires someone experienced with Teslas, someone with an already established reputation working on high end cars, and someone who works with higher end tint and paint protection films.

I had a short list of about half a dozen five star yelp vendors/Tesla Motor Club references that I decided to follow up on to work on our Model X. I interviewed them all for materials used, pricing and my gut feelings/experience from years of professional vendor valuation. Two of the six vendors I already had prior experience with. One of them did Xpel film on my wife's Audi Q5 a few years back. Another vendor I tested with our Chevy Volt while the Model X was on order.

Trying to find the right balance of price/reputation/materials I selected Tim. Driving a Tesla means you are not broke. Driving a Tesla doesn't mean you are necessarily loaded either. I have to hope I made the right decision when it comes to this level of investment. One extra consideration was distance. I'm coming from Irvine so it takes me 90 minutes one way. I was hoping my efforts would pay off.

One thing about car detail shops is you don't "really know" who ultimately touches your car. While the business itself might have a reputation, you don't have detail on the individual workers themselves. With Tim it's not taking to a salesman. It was a pleasant surprise to find out that Tim himself does all the paint protection film. I like it when all the accountability is with one person.

Complete Whole Car Specta Photosync Window Tint (Windshield was done at Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos)

The majority of the work done was custom with few kits. What I especially liked was the attention to detail.

Tim removed license plates and badges which necessitated a trip for Tim out to the Tesla Service center to buy new badges. I had Xpel before on my Q5 and the installer just cut around it.

I recommend that everyone cross shop with other installers in the San Diego and LA area but in the end, I was very happy with the product and service for the price. It was significantly more affordable for me based on my research in the LA-> San Diego corridor.

View attachment 211701 View attachment 211702 View attachment 211703 View attachment 211704 View attachment 211705 View attachment 211706 View attachment 211707 View attachment 211708 View attachment 211709 View attachment 211710
Congrats! Looks like a superb job. Would you mind posting approximately how much you paid for the wrap and tint?

Did you notice any ghosting while night driving before Specta Photosync Window Tint? If so, did the tint reduce/get rid of the ghosting? I ask because there have been claims that Specta Photosync Window Tint helps get rid of ghosting.

I never had my X long before the windshield was tinted so I couldn't give you a confident answer one way or another. However, I don't experience any ghosting presently.

My general belief is that anything that reduces 'glare' would reduce ghosting An optics person can confirm that?

Last edited:
  • Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Cowby and mikevbf
+1 on Tm from Adonis. He took care of my Model S with Expel on the front and Spectra PhotoSync on the windows. Very professional and did a fantastic job. Spent the time helping me understand what I was getting, and the quality of the work was superb...

IMG_7846.jpg

+1 on Tm from Adonis. He took care of my Model S with Expel on the front and Spectra PhotoSync on the windows. Very professional and did a fantastic job. Spent the time helping me understand what I was getting, and the quality of the work was superb...

View attachment 214771

Thanks for the review! It was a pleasure meeting you and working on your Model S!

Reactions: EVS Motors
Hi, your MX Pearl white is so beautiful. Just want to check if you have any issues with dirt at the edge of the film? How do u clean it ? I got exactly the same car like you. I also clear-bra it. Kind of annoy that I couldn't clean the dirt at clear bra edge.

Thanks for any advise

View attachment 211701 View attachment 211702 View attachment 211703 View attachment 211704 View attachment 211705 View attachment 211706 View attachment 211707 View attachment 211708 View attachment 211709 View attachment 211710