Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fully loaded 2015 Model S P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah man, looks like I'm quite the newb. Mind explaining to me how you know? Would be good for me to know so I don't misrepresent the car.

Do you know how quick it should go 0-60?
I have spent many, many hours doing research on the p85dl and p90dl and that is the basis upon which I made my statement. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide a specific reference off the top of my head, if you use the search feature for this forum you should be able to pin down the number rather quickly.

Or, alternatively, some friendly member will show up in the next post or two with the exact information...greatest thing about this site. :)

Reactions: MIDImunk
To be clear, I'm not claiming it is or isn't a "unicorn" but, rather, it's often referred to as such

I understand that too. But the P85D+ is not a unicorn. There are thousands of units produced. It's an absolutely awesome car, but it's not a unicorn. They are pretty easy to find and only demand a small premium, if any, over a non+ P85D. There are two for sale right now on Tesla's CPO page and the new ones are listed and sold every week (I watch these closely because I own one myself).

I would assert for something to really be a 'unicorn' it has to be rare and hard to find/acquire and possess a very unique set of features... for instance, as I mentioned, the P85+ with Autopilot. Very few of those were produced, they are very hard to find these days, and demand a significant premium over other otherwise equivalent P85+ cars.

Reactions: MIDImunk
I just bought a fully loaded 4/2015 P85D (no L) (with rear executive seats, smart air, roof, sub zero, hifi upgrade etc) similar miles, as a new CPO this week for $60,100. I would have considered your fathers car for around $65K given its nearly out of warranty. Prices quoted on this forum by existing owners are not necessarily representative of real life numbers.....

Last edited:
I understand that too. But the P85D+ is not a unicorn. There are thousands of units produced. It's an absolutely awesome car, but it's not a unicorn. They are pretty easy to find and only demand a small premium, if any, over a non+ P85D. There are two for sale right now on Tesla's CPO page and the new ones are listed and sold every week (I watch these closely because I own one myself).

I would assert for something to really be a 'unicorn' it has to be rare and hard to find/acquire and possess a very unique set of features... for instance, as I mentioned, the P85+ with Autopilot. Very few of those were produced, they are very hard to find these days, and demand a significant premium over other otherwise equivalent P85+ cars.
Make sure you post that in the hundreds of forums that call a P85DL a "unicorn" so that nobody is left unclear....

aters-gonna-hate-haters-be-hating-15250923.png

get it done Hank!

P85DL+ with next gen rear seats is a nice combo of nearly all of Tesla's best stuff. They made them from December to April and are limited by the number of P85D buyers who elected the next gen seats (perhaps most) and also did the L upgrade later in late 2015, through 2016 -- forgot when they stopped doing it.

They are a great value as a CPO or other used also. A lot cheaper, and tiny bit slower, and with a couple improvements (suspension and rear seats) over the current P100DL.

Last edited: