Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fund Transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Due to inventory sales my SA ended up creating a new order for me. Since my old order already had the payment sent to it via Plaid she said she would initiate a funds transfer of that money to the new order. Does anyone know how long it takes? My car is set to arrive on November 28th and I’m hoping it doesn’t delay anything.

Due to inventory sales my SA ended up creating a new order for me. Since my old order already had the payment sent to it via Plaid she said she would initiate a funds transfer of that money to the new order. Does anyone know how long it takes? My car is set to arrive on November 28th and I’m hoping it doesn’t delay anything.
That's an uncommon scenario so it's hard to say how long it would take, but Tesla knows you've paid them so hopefully someone can override anything that would delay your delivery. When I purchased two Teslas this year, I did the funds transfer the day before delivery, no reason to do it earlier.

mine was also paid via Plaid before the inventory sales. called the SA and he changed my VIN and everything was done in mins. kept the referral discount as well. no mention of fund transfer or payment from the SA during the call.

mine was also paid via Plaid before the inventory sales. called the SA and he changed my VIN and everything was done in mins. kept the referral discount as well. no mention of fund transfer or payment from the SA during the call.
I had to create a new order because of inventory sale + I had already swapped VINs when going from RWD to AWD. Still waiting for funds today.