Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Funny story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TL; DR but I think you’ll all get a laugh (two laughs, actually) out of this….

Months ago I ordered Homelink.

Picked up my MY yesterday. Great experience at Tampa. FL SC capped off by a GREAT 135 mile drive home.

As soon as I got home, got on Tesla app to schedule Mobile service to install Homelink; installation is included in the purchase price.

App didn’t offer me Mobile service (coulda sworn product description said “Mobile installation included but I went back and checked and it didn’t say “Mobile”.) had to go to Sarasota SC - 70 miles one way!

First thought - damn! Immediate second thought - ROAD TRIP WOOHOO!!

So I scheduled it.

About an hour later I get a text from Sarasota SC: “Hi! This is the Tesla Service Center. Based on the concerns reported, your appointment is Mobile Service capable. This means it can be done at your work or home location. We have rescheduled your appointment to the next available Mobile Service date. ”

First thought - nice! Immediate second though - DAMN, THEY CANCELLED MY ROAD TRIP

To those still waiting for their cars, stay optimistic these cars are amazing.

TL; DR but I think you’ll all get a laugh (two laughs, actually) out of this….

Months ago I ordered Homelink.

Picked up my MY yesterday. Great experience at Tampa. FL SC capped off by a GREAT 135 mile drive home.

As soon as I got home, got on Tesla app to schedule Mobile service to install Homelink; installation is included in the purchase price.

App didn’t offer me Mobile service (coulda sworn product description said “Mobile installation included but I went back and checked and it didn’t say “Mobile”.) had to go to Sarasota SC - 70 miles one way!

First thought - damn! Immediate second thought - ROAD TRIP WOOHOO!!

So I scheduled it.

About an hour later I get a text from Sarasota SC: “Hi! This is the Tesla Service Center. Based on the concerns reported, your appointment is Mobile Service capable. This means it can be done at your work or home location. We have rescheduled your appointment to the next available Mobile Service date. ”

First thought - nice! Immediate second though - DAMN, THEY CANCELLED MY ROAD TRIP

To those still waiting for their cars, stay optimistic these cars are amazing.
Yeah, you have to take the good with the bad sometimes...not having experience with the app before, I guess it always schedules to the nearest SC, then gets adjusted to mobile service if it is capable...I had the same experience, but my "roadtrip" would have been ~30 miles into town, traffic, hassle, etc, so I was happy to have the mobile "cancel" my roadtrip... :)