Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future Superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know where I can go online to find out about future or in the works Supercharger’s? I’m in Montana, in the NorthWest corner, and there are no Supercharger’s nearby. I’m wondering if they will be putting a station in Kalispell or Whitefish soon
Thanks for any input!

There are two things. Tesla's own website has kind of a "This is what we hope to do" kind of map that's pretty vague and not very reliable of if or when it's actually going to happen.

But in the closer near term, and MUCH more solid, is this site:
www.supercharge.info
Whenever people are scouting for building permits all over the place, when they find something, they start a forum thread here, and it gets added to that map with a link to the thread. Red dots are existing, blue dots are permits found, and cones are already in construction. I see on that map there are already Supercharger permits found in Kalispell and Shelby.

Upvote 0
There are two things. Tesla's own website has kind of a "This is what we hope to do" kind of map that's pretty vague and not very reliable of if or when it's actually going to happen.

But in the closer near term, and MUCH more solid, is this site:
www.supercharge.info
Whenever people are scouting for building permits all over the place, when they find something, they start a forum thread here, and it gets added to that map with a link to the thread. Red dots are existing, blue dots are permits found, and cones are already in construction. I see on that map there are already Supercharger permits found in Kalispell and Shelby.
Thank you for your reply! That was helpful

Upvote 0
Does anyone know where I can go online to find out about future or in the works Supercharger’s? I’m in Montana, in the NorthWest corner, and there are no Supercharger’s nearby. I’m wondering if they will be putting a station in Kalispell or Whitefish soon
Thanks for any input!

@Sturdfam you may want to check our the Northwest area of TMC: Northwest. There is a thread about Kalispell there Supercharger - Northwest - Kalispell and discussion around Whitefish also Whitefish montana up and available.

Upvote 0
Are there going to be more superchargers in rural and semi rural areas. US highway 60

They are predominantly in large population centers and along interstate highways currently. I would guess as they begin to produce more cars per year they will continue to fill in gaps between existing Supercharger locations. That would likely include non-interstate routes. US Highway 60 might be a good choice. There are some along that highway where it intersects with interstate highways.

I made this map a few weeks ago to show obvious gaps in rural routes between superchargers. The circles are set to 100 mile radius, so a gap would mean more than 200 miles between two superchargers. They'll need to plop in a couple superchargers in those areas to properly accommodate passage in those areas.

But at current time there just aren't enough potential users in the area or passing through the area to warrant a rather expensive installation.

Attachments

• 100milerange.PNG
    100milerange.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
I realized after posting that, that even after disabling the Permit and Construction locations the circles for them remains! There are in fact some slightly larger holes that are being filled on this map with "pending" sites. Most notably up there in North Dakota between the top red two circles.

Upvote 0