TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

FWD override beep while driving?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by gnguyen, Jun 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gnguyen

gnguyen Member

Anyone else ever had experiences while driving where the car will occasionally beep without any messages on the dash or monitor? It sounds just like the FWD opening override beep, and it comes from I think the passenger side. Seems maybe triggered by turning or slight bumps in the road, usually at lower speeds.

Sounds like a loose contact, but I need this fixed before I take my kids out in it again.

This has been happening to me for a few days off and on. Going to make the call to a service center. Will be the fourth time taking it in since delivery in March :-/

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Could it be the "Parking Assist is not available" chime? Does it happen when you're driving relatively slow (under 10mph)? I used to find it annoying, but it doesn't seem to happen to much anymore.

3. animorph

animorph Member

I get a beep when it thinks the speed limit changes, many times incorrectly. Like on the freeway overpass it might decide the speed limit is 35 MPH, the limit of the road you are crossing. That might not happen if you have the speed chime disabled.

4. mal_tsla

mal_tsla Member

I've had this happen when the doors are not locked while driving. Never while they are locked.

5. gnguyen

gnguyen Member

Thanks all for the responses. All my chimes are off.

The door being unlocked sounds plausible, but the car doesn't tell me otherwise that the doors are open. I think there must be a transient door sensor issue that's triggering sometimes. The noise this seems to make is the same as when the car isn't in park but I open the door.

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue since, so just going to wait for it to happen again.

Thanks!

6. RRM998

RRM998 Member

I get the occasional beep without any apparent message showing. I have not been able to duplicate it. I'm wondering if one of the sonar sensors is getting a quick hit on something it thinks is too close.

7. Firewired

Firewired Member

I also have been getting this the last few weeks. For me it is the same sound that you get if you have the door open and put the car in gear. Also no warning messages. I spoke to Tesla and they said annotate time and place it happens and they can pull the logs.