Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD override beep while driving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else ever had experiences while driving where the car will occasionally beep without any messages on the dash or monitor? It sounds just like the FWD opening override beep, and it comes from I think the passenger side. Seems maybe triggered by turning or slight bumps in the road, usually at lower speeds.

Sounds like a loose contact, but I need this fixed before I take my kids out in it again.

This has been happening to me for a few days off and on. Going to make the call to a service center. Will be the fourth time taking it in since delivery in March :-/

Thanks all for the responses. All my chimes are off.

The door being unlocked sounds plausible, but the car doesn't tell me otherwise that the doors are open. I think there must be a transient door sensor issue that's triggering sometimes. The noise this seems to make is the same as when the car isn't in park but I open the door.

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue since, so just going to wait for it to happen again.

Thanks!

I also have been getting this the last few weeks. For me it is the same sound that you get if you have the door open and put the car in gear. Also no warning messages. I spoke to Tesla and they said annotate time and place it happens and they can pull the logs.