Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWDs “open fully at this location” nowhere to be found…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys…

On 2023.38.8 the option to set the FWDs to open fully at a location does not appear anymore… is there something I can do?

They open halfway with still a lot of room in my garage and used to open fully with the location setting…

Thanks!
JC

Hello guys…

On 2023.38.8 the option to set the FWDs to open fully at a location does not appear anymore… is there something I can do?

They open halfway with still a lot of room in my garage and used to open fully with the location setting…

Thanks!
JC
From the manual ... can you touch the icon?
LDMURu2.jpg

Yes I can force it on the icon on the screen but thats it… it doesn't show “open fully at this location”
Well the sentence after the one I marked up certainly indicates it should ... unless it thinks it is already set at *that* location. Perhaps sensors are detecting something and stopping it.

You should test at a different location like next to a car or building wall where the doors may stop ... then you override and see if that "open fully at this location" option shows up.

Hello guys…

Thanks!
JC

@James Cole I am having the same issue. There has not been any option given to “save my choice”.

I was having the same issue with our Model X on 2023.38.6, and I found out that the "open fully at this location" needs a fresh GPS lock, since this feature is location based.

So I took a short drive around the neighborhood, came back home, parked inside the garage and used the physical button on the b-pillar to override the FWD height opening, and the message to open fully at this location came right away.