Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GA Senate Bill 146 discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JulienW

Jul 7, 2018
Atlanta
Has anyone studied the GA Senate Bill 146 to see how it affects us? I kinda skimmed over but Georgia Power isn't mentioned. Will they charge Tesla and other DC chargers standard commercial rates (how do they do it now)? Isn't that about 16¢ per kWh but I think they can pay more if demand is high.

I guess "digital Network" means the Tesla App.

1. ..."All electric vehicle charging stations shall be capable of accurately measuring and prominently displaying upon the station or on a digital network the amount of electricity delivered to each electric vehicle on a per kilowatt-hour basis."

Here is link to the Bill so you can read and add to this thread.

I only read the first few paragraphs, but it sounds like this bill will allow charging providers in Georgia to bill drivers by the kWh (as God intended ;) ), instead of by time as they current have to bill.

I searched, and that is how it is explained on this news site.
  • SB 146: Providers of electric vehicle chargers must charge customers per kilowatt hour for the electricity they sell rather than time spent charging. This comes as more electric vehicles enter the market. Update: This bill passed 55-1.

Reactions: Thunder7ga
Wonder what Tesla and other providers pay per kWH in GA? Does the rate vary depending on demand and time of day or do they pay a standard commercial rate?

When does the time based system to kWH change over go into effect? Anyone have any great speculation on what the charge will be per kWH at the Tesla Superchargers?

I know lots of people complain about the 3.47¢ surcharge that will be added in 2025. But seems more fair and less burdensome than the $200 a year registration. Whish they had removed or lowered that.

Wonder what Tesla and other providers pay per kWH in GA? Does the rate vary depending on demand and time of day or do they pay a standard commercial rate?

When does the time based system to kWH change over go into effect? Anyone have any great speculation on what the charge will be per kWH at the Tesla Superchargers?

I know lots of people complain about the 3.47¢ surcharge that will be added in 2025. But seems more fair and less burdensome than the $200 a year registration. Whish they had removed or lowered that.
.30 to .40 per kWh is common in the southeast. I'm seeing more time of day rates than I used to, but still not everywhere.