Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Galaxy S8 Settings - Bluetooth Key

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can somebody with a working bluetooth key using Samsung Galaxy S8 share setting and configurations?

Mine only works if I wake up the phone, even then it sometimes takes 10-15 seconds at the door, and sometimes I need to unlock my phone to get car unlocked

Looking for detailed configuration and settings from other users with S8

I have a standard S8 (US, AT&T model if that matters).

I've only had one issue with walk-up not working, but a quick bluetooth toggle fixed that. Otherwise it's been flawless.

Make sure under 'Device Maintenance' -> Battery you don't have the Tesla app checked. Other than that, I haven't done anything and have seen no issues.

If you want, you can add the Tesla app to the 'Unmonitored Apps' in that battery section. Also, make sure it's not under the 'Always Sleeping' section. I didn't have to do either of those things.

My phone had stopped working with my M3 most likely because I had changed some settings. I have an S9 (Android). I looked into it the other day and in the Android settings app, there is a place where it lists all apps and the settings associated with them. I selected the Tesla app and there is an option that allows the app to change the phone system settings. I turned that on, then opened the Tesla app. It has been working since then. I have no idea what setting it changed, but this is one way to get it to work.

Those are same as my settings, I even have the Tesla App selected under "Unmonitored Apps"

So when you walk up you your car and phone is locked, you door unlocks immediately when you engage handle?

Correct. Phone is locked, in my pocket, and hasn't been touched in >5 minutes, the door will unlock immediately when I engage the handle.

I have noticed sometimes it won't let me disengage the charging port if I walk up to the car from behind (with the phone in my pocket). Not always though.

Beyond the one time mentioned where I had to toggle bluetooth, I've never had an issue with walk up working immediately. Fingers crossed it stays that way. For reference (if this matters), firmware is 24.1.

My phone had stopped working with my M3 most likely because I had changed some settings. I have an S9 (Android). I looked into it the other day and in the Android settings app, there is a place where it lists all apps and the settings associated with them. I selected the Tesla app and there is an option that allows the app to change the phone system settings. I turned that on, then opened the Tesla app. It has been working since then. I have no idea what setting it changed, but this is one way to get it to work.

I can tell you that I do NOT have that setting enabled on my phone and haven't had issues. It's probably related to some setting though, as you say, somewhere else.

I have noticed sometimes it won't let me disengage the charging port if I walk up to the car from behind (with the phone in my pocket). Not always though.
Whenever this happens I just open the rear driver door then close it and I'm able to unlock the charger. Seems like a firmware bug on the 3 since it still allows me to unlock a door. What may happen is that if you've just opened your trunk, it will allow you to pull the charging port out right after that. I remember early on, the trunk wouldn't open similar to the charge door so I would have to open a door first then I'm able to open the trunk. That issue hasn't presented itself in a while for me.