Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Game Controller possibly wireless ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, What is a good game controller I can buy which will work with Beach buggy game in Tesla model 3 ?

Wireless will be really good if not then wired.. I just want to know any good one out there which can work ?

I believe any usb controller should work. I know first hand that the xbox/ps4 controllers work for the Teslatari games. Haven't tried it on Beach Buggy yet.

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
I played 3 games of Beach Buggy using the steering wheel.
Will it cause increased wear on the steering system?
The tires seem to slip on the garage floor without much wear.
Maybe I should put printer paper under each front tire so they slide even more easily.
There is a sensitivity setting in the game. If you turn that way up it pretty much won't move the wheels because you wouldn't turn the wheel enough.

I bought these on Amazon because someone posted on Tesla forums that they work. They did not. Don't waste your $10!

Attachments

• 61yw99EaG5L._SL1000_.jpg
    61yw99EaG5L._SL1000_.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 88
I have a Sony DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adapter and that allows me to use my DualShock 4 wireless controller with Beach Buggy (just plug the wireless dongle into the USB port and you're good to go).
I have one of those somewhere. I'll have to hunt it down and try it. You'd need to pair a controller first on a pc, right? Do you know if you can use two dualshocks in the Tesla?

I just got mine going So I got the Xbox wireless controller

and the 8Bitdo Wireless Bluetooth Adapter

This works perfect At-least with the game I play Beach Buggy :D

Nice! I use this exact set-up and it works well, tested with Atari and Beach Buggy.

I also have a case for my controller to try to keep it classy ;).

I hook everything to this hub. That way I can power down ports as needed, good to simulate unplugging/replugging a usb device. It lights up blue :cool: and you can turn off the out of use ports(useful?).

I also have a .5TB SSD on that same hub. Everything works well together.

The only thing I have not tested is playing mp3s off the drive. Its not partitioned.
My understanding is I can just plug in another drive with mp3s on it properly and it should go.

I also wonder about 2 wireless controllers.. Probably need another 8Bitdo and controller. Or can an 8bitdo handle 2 controllers.

RandomX

Last edited:
Nice! I use this exact set-up and it works well, tested with Atari and Beach Buggy.

I also have a case for my controller to try to keep it classy ;).

I hook everything to this hub. That way I can power down ports as needed, good to simulate unplugging/replugging a usb device. It lights up blue :cool: and you can turn off the out of use ports(useful?).

I also have a .5TB SSD on that same hub. Everything works well together.

The only thing I have not tested is playing mp3s off the drive. Its not partitioned.
My understanding is I can just plug in another drive with mp3s on it properly and it should go.

I also wonder about 2 wireless controllers.. Probably need another 8Bitdo and controller. Or can an 8bitdo handle 2 controllers.

RandomX

I have a pretty similar setup. Also have a hub and SSD.

Also have tested it in the past to try to get two controllers. But you need a second Transmitter (8Bitdo) can only handle one remote at a time.

I like the case for your wireless controller. I might get one I just have to see where i can fit it with the case.

Reactions: RandomX
Reactions: tvguy710