Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

game update stuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happened to me. Just chat with tesla support and they will restart the update for you. They did that to mine and it restarted and then was able to complete. I just sat in the car and watched it happen while I chatted with them through the website on my phone.

Fixed it... got emailed back by Tesla support... downloaded it right after I completed this...

Please first start with troubleshooting and resetting the car in the following order to reset the car WiFi connectivity and help with the software update:

Power Cycle (please do not attempt while driving)

1. Select controls on your screen (the car icon)
2. Select Safety and security
3. Select power off
it will ask you if you are sure

The car will shut down, you will want to leave it in this status for about 3 minutes. During that time you will want to avoid waking the car, please do not open any doors, push the brakes, or grab the steering wheel. Try to remain as still as possible. After about 3 minutes you can wake the car, either push the brakes or open and close the door.

Once the car has rebooted you will perform a scroll wheel reset
1. Hold the scroll wheels on your steering wheel for about 20-30 seconds
2. You will see your touch screen shut down, continue to hold the scroll wheels until the Tesla "T" comes back on the screen. These troubleshooting steps should also help restore your touchscreen settings.

Once these steps are completed, please connect the car to your home Wi-Fi,