TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Gap on driver's side of the rear hatch

Discussion in 'Model S' started by A-Wimoweh, Dec 8, 2019.

1. A-Wimoweh

A-Wimoweh Member

I've been noticing for awhile now that the gap on the driver's side of my rear hatch seems abit large. Well, today I discovered that the support? block on that side of the trunk lid is crooked. I tried to twist it straight again, but it did not bulge easily. Also don't really see a way to loosen it and readjust it either. Anyone see this on their model S? Built in June, 2018

Attached Files:

2. chrone

chrone Member

I had to re-adjust mine on my 2017 S. They’re attached with a bolt and double sided tape. The tape is why it didn’t rotate easily. You can take out the center piece and it will expose the bolt head beneath it.

3. chrone

chrone Member

I had to remove it completely and tear off the tape before I could adjust mine. Oh and be care of the little tabs. You can see that I broke one in the first picture. I didn't have a torx bit that size so I just used a hex key.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
    • 3.png