Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gatwick supercharger experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm travelling down to a site just north of Brighton next Friday and thinking of topping up at the Gatwick/Crawley supercharger. What's it like generally? I'm guessing it gets busy. I will be aiming to be there around 1600. Any experience appreciated.

Used to stop there when travelling from Manchester to East Sussex - always seemed pretty quiet when I have been there. It is a short drive off the M23 (5 minutes or so), but it is at the end a 'retail park', which can get a bit snarled up during busy shopping times.

There wasn't a great selection of other chargers in the area tbh, so used to get as much charge as I could, although it's been 12 months since I visited.

Its my "local" and whenever I have been its been quiet. Its next to a service center which will be open during the normal hours. Retail park a short walk away but maybe a little distant for a quick charge.

Reactions: G4WFT
I'm travelling down to a site just north of Brighton next Friday and thinking of topping up at the Gatwick/Crawley supercharger. What's it like generally? I'm guessing it gets busy. I will be aiming to be there around 1600. Any experience appreciated.
I did exactly the same trip from Northamptonshire a few months back. I was fully charged when I left so only needed to charge on my return journey. You’ll need to come off the M23 and drive around Crawley before you arrive at the supercharger / service centre. The sales folks were great - we arrived close to 16:00 and they were closing up but invited us in to use the toilets. They offered and encouraged us to take some drinks and snacks with us. Very quiet on a Sunday afternoon.

Probably not too helpful but did a quick 10 minute charge there at 2am this morning and had the place to myself until leaving when an S turned up. 16kW charge, peaked around 150kW rate but not enough preheating to go higher. Bit of a creepy location at that time in the morning …

Oh, and £0.48 per KW so not the cheapest, but not the worst either!

Thank you very much to all who have replied. It sounds like it shouldn't be too bad then. Wokingham is also not far off my planned route down, but I believe that's one of the 15 that Tesla have opened up to others, so not too keen!
I believe the reason Wokingham was opened up is it's completely underused! I've never seen more than 6 cars there in total even since the change, I wouldn't worry about it being busy