Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geico just raised my insurance rate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not true at all. Are you kidding?
No. Losing $15k (or just buying a less expensive car) sucks but is survivable for the Tesla-buying demographic. Having all of your savings taken away and perhaps future earnings garnished because of insufficient liability coverage can ruin you for life. People should max out their liability limits before adding things like GAP coverage.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911
No. Losing $15k (or just buying a less expensive car) sucks but is survivable for the Tesla-buying demographic. Having all of your savings taken away and perhaps future earnings garnished because of insufficient liability coverage can ruin you for life. People should max out their liability limits before adding things like GAP coverage.

But GAP coverage is sooooooo cheap.

Allstate covers the gap between my loan and my car value for $30 every 6 months.

I am NOT going to potentially lose $15k over $60 per year.

Hoping for a reality check. About to receive my Model 3 on 12/26 and Geico is now quoting a premium increase of $2968 per year! The Policy coverage is $410 versus $218 for our 2017 Kia Sedona, but the Vehicle coverage is $1076 while the Sedona is $281. Must be due to expensive repair costs for the Model 3?

I wish I had a Vin so I could get a quote from Tesla.