Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 2 Wall Connector Faceplate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I've got 2 Gen 2 Wall Connectors with cracked faceplates. Just wondering if there is a place to purchase replacements? I reached out to Tesla support, but they were unable to offer a replacement. Can't find much on Ebay either.

Not a big deal if I'm SOL.

Thanks!

Nowhere but Ebay et al.

Don't be too shy about buying a whole unit just for the faceplate, then parting out the rest. Just the cable/handle has a decent value, and some of the boards(if working) will get a pretty penny as well.

I gotta say, I've actually never installed the silver faceplate on mine, I'm happy enough with the sleek black look and they are a pain to get off without damage.

Reactions: HarryCh
Nowhere but Ebay et al.

Don't be too shy about buying a whole unit just for the faceplate, then parting out the rest. Just the cable/handle has a decent value, and some of the boards(if working) will get a pretty penny as well.

I gotta say, I've actually never installed the silver faceplate on mine, I'm happy enough with the sleek black look and they are a pain to get off without damage.
Yeah I'm currently just rocking mine without the faceplate. I agree, it looks pretty good. Just figured if I could find a replacement faceplate for cheap I'd pick them up.

If you find a place, let me know (lol). I have 2 black wall connectors with scratched up faces from when the electrician needed to move them. Mine are not cracked, just scratched up some. Not a huge deal, but like you, if there was an easy to get, reasonable priced way to get them, I would.

Tesla doesnt sell anything for gen 2s any longer, at least I dont think so.

Hi All,

I've got 2 Gen 2 Wall Connectors with cracked faceplates. Just wondering if there is a place to purchase replacements? I reached out to Tesla support, but they were unable to offer a replacement. Can't find much on Ebay either.

Not a big deal if I'm SOL.

Thanks!
If this is what you are looking for, it's not cheap:

• Informative
Reactions: RayK
If you find a place, let me know (lol). I have 2 black wall connectors with scratched up faces from when the electrician needed to move them. Mine are not cracked, just scratched up some. Not a huge deal, but like you, if there was an easy to get, reasonable priced way to get them, I would.

Tesla doesnt sell anything for gen 2s any longer, at least I dont think so.
Me too. I had my Gen 2 removed yesterday and the decorative faceplate was damaged in the process. Apparently this is common (from the comments here). Too bad. If anyone finds a source I'd love to know also.

Reactions: jjrandorin