Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And that's relevant to your spamming how? Typical redirect but it gets your spam to the top again huh.

It’s points an eye to the fact that this is a forum for Tesla owners trying to sell their cars which is what I’m doing despite how many times I post. It’s not breaking any rules, yet YOU are criticizing my car and or tactic when you don’t even own a Tesla and don’t appear to be in the market for one. You seem to be here to just criticize and devalue real owners cars. If you don’t like seeing my for sale posts, simply go troll another forum....

Reactions: AWD> and dirkbike1
Oh you're right...I know a lot of Tesla owners looking to upgrade to a 2015 85D at $55k hahahahaha. For the record, so far this year CPO has sold 20 Silver 2015 85Ds, with 4 year bumper to bumper (what does yours have remaining?) with an average price of $49,670 and an average odometer reading 38,364........uuummm Not devaluing, I'm just not unrealistic and know the market.
But nice try.
Dzm

Oh you're right...I know a lot of Tesla owners looking to upgrade to a 2015 85D at $55k hahahahaha. For the record, so far this year CPO has sold 20 Silver 2015 85Ds, with 4 year bumper to bumper (what does yours have remaining?) with an average price of $49,670 and an average odometer reading 38,364........uuummm Not devaluing, I'm just not unrealistic and know the market.
But nice try.
Dzm
How can you claim to know the market when all you do is generalize. If your going to compare my car with CPOs that have sold, please sho me when and where a fully loaded Model S in pristine condition has sold for $49K. We all know Tesla no longer refurb CPOs and in many cases, buyers have to come out of pocket for damages and body work. Not to mention that Tesla charges destination fees and registration fees which are not included in the listed price. Oh! Did I mention life time free super charging....you may think you know the market, but I know what my car is worth. Since you don’t have a Tesla I’ll give you a little advise, WE Tesla owners are defensive about insults to our cars, so if you have nothing positive to say, please refrain from negative comments about my car.

By the way I didn’t hear anyone admit they were wrong dismissing my post about Tesla no longer selling 75Ds. Therefore used car prices will tick up as a result.

Last edited:
By the way I didn’t hear anyone admit they were wrong dismissing my post about Tesla no longer selling 75Ds. Therefore used car prices will tick up as a result.

I hate to rain on your parade, but if you don't want criticism, don't post in an open forum. The previous poster made valid arguments, suggesting that your price is well above market average. What you think your car is worth is your personal opinion, however the market will typically dictate the final value. And no one has to admit they were wrong because you haven't provided sufficient evidence to back-up your claim, and I personally don't see any substantial correlation between the discontinuance of the 75D, and an increase in used prices. If anything, I would wager that the model 3 is, and will continue to have a higher causal downward effect on model S prices. If you are really trying to sell your car, I suggest taking another look at the market, and figuring how to properly value your car.

Reactions: Fiver
Factual data in link below, I think could be beneficial to those buying and selling here. Anyone selling a 4+ year old Model S that gets a fair market offer, early in their sales process should really think about accepting a perceived lower offer. If the car sits it's likely they miss out on more than just opportunity costs, but quantifiable high % continued monthly depreciation. I see cars sit long periods of time here. If Tesla gets a firm business plan in place with the 1000s of Model S lease turn-ins just sitting, those looking to buy in the used market could be in nice position to enter EV ownership at an even lower price. Normal depreciation models for high end cars might be too optimistic when looking at EVs, it seems to be market is defining itself as a hybrid of tech equipment/devices and the automobile. We all know the price of being an early adopter is high, has the model S hit it PT cruiser moment?

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Hi gang,

I've been lurking here for a while but have a question for y'all: I'm thinking of developing an app that would send you notifications when new CPO cars pop up near you. Would this be of interest to anyone? Am I asking in the right part of the forum?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to the forum and wondering if this is a good place to list your Tesla for sale?

Price it within fair market value and you'll have a good amount of interested parties.

Price it horribly and you'll get an earful

Use The Tesla used gauge as price point. Their cars include a 4 year 50k mile warranty which is valued about $3k. So expect to price your vehicle $3k less. Keep in mind, the Tesla used don't sell well. Many 2015 lease returns are still available and cars.com has a handful listed since June 2018.

Get a trade in value from carmax, shift, Carvana, vroom etc. Start with $5+above that offer and expect to move down.

Be very detailed with flaws, issues

Upload at least 12+pictures of exterior and interior

Good luck with the sale.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
upload_2019-4-4_11-14-55.png

Email response.

Lol, for giggles I called the Tattoo shop next door (number thanks to google street view). They said Lupitas closed, now it's called Lany's auto sales or something. So either the website of that car is out of date, or it's a scam.