Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geneva Motor Show - Zurich to Geneva on Friday, 9th of March 2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla had used a hotel pic on their website to promote the store opening in Eindhoven, so pretty certain it must have charging!. That is the Chateau du Lac in Genval just outside Brussels. Beautiful hotel, haven't been there for a few years but it used to be reasonable pricing.
it is a beautiful hotel :smile:

One word of caution, they have a Type 2 charging station in the car park but no rating plate and no obvious signs that it's woking. Only other socket is ONE 16A Schuko in the underground garage which was full of hotel fixtures and fittings (no cars use it). Note that breaker will trip if you try and use 16A but was ok overnight on 13A (breaker is Q23 in electrical panel close to socket).

I've suggested that they fit at a 32A 60309 to the Charging Station to cope with old school cars.

Last edited:
A couple of other pictures from Kevin's trip.

AnN1ILkCIAAEOio.jpg

Sticking on the headlight converters in the Channel Tunnel

AnSQaLyCIAAPece.jpg

Charging in the garage at Chateau du Lac

AnPKMImCQAAERBy.jpg

Trip stats so far

Remember, follow the progress on #TeslaToGeneva

Does anyone know if we will be allowed to get into the Model S?

I didn't get a good look at the Model S at the factory event, everything went SO fast.

I'll be going to the show on March 18th, I hope they are not already breaking down the show by then. That is what usually happends with conferences.

Does anyone know if we will be allowed to get into the Model S?

I didn't get a good look at the Model S at the factory event, everything went SO fast.

I'll be going to the show on March 18th, I hope they are not already breaking down the show by then. That is what usually happends with conferences.

I hope they do not break down the model S for easy shipping back to the USA! :biggrin:

What converters and why are they needed?

Headlights don't point straight ahead, they point slightly towards the sidewalk. As the UK still drives on the left their headlights point left, when you take a British car to continental Europe you need headlight converters to prevent your headlights dazzling oncoming vehicles. I think the fine in France is around $100 for not having converters.

See more here: http://www.headlampconverters.com/

Hero_001.jpg

Have you got the detailed programme?
i m kind of disapointed....

As there is no program for saturday, I have canceled the hotel and will drive back home after the gala dinner...

Don't forget there is the Roadster parade on Saturday. Also with just 90 minutes at the Tesla stand reception before we are supposed to head off to check in - and no doubt speeches etc - there may not be time to see the other EV goodness on display on Friday evening.