Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geneva Motor Show - Zurich to Geneva on Friday, 9th of March 2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok... I think it is clear that you guys are pretty positive about the trip. ;) Thanks for the support.

The trip has 6 charge points each way: Zaragoza, Barcelona, Narbonne, Aix-en-Provence, Grenoble, and Geneva. All are organised with 32A charging except Narbonne. :(

Can anyone help out? I have emailed all the large hotels I could find in the area but with no success (probably because I emailed in English!). Anyone know of a 32A outlet that works within 50kms of Narbonne?

This is essentially the final hurdle I need to overcome.

Mark

I charged at Schneider Electric in Montpellier with 32A

I charged in the central underground garage in Narbonne, one year ago. The official charging socket didn't work properly and I had to move to the car wash side, where i could charge with 16A (not recommended, because the plug gets really hot) through the night.

I charged at Schneider Electric in Montpellier with 32A

Any contact name there or did you just roll up and ask them to help out? I find Barcelona-Montpelier a bit close to the limit at 343kms but its an option. I am getting about 380kms range reliably now that I have learned to drive light-footedly, but its too close to the limit without a guaranteed charge when I arrive.

This is an interesting one... quite serious electric car rental there. I will contact them and see if they have charge points.

I've been checking campsites. There seem to be a lot with 10A and one or two with 16A. Of course, they don't normally go above that in Europe so you are in Y cable territory.

Narbonne Plage Marina has electric hookups but I can't find what current they offer: Port Narbonne-Plage: Marinas in Narbonne,Languedoc-Roussillon,France

Openchargemap says there is an unspecified point in Parking Mirabeau in Narbonne. - found the link Véhicules électriques dans les parkings - VINCI Park gestion du stationnement et des parkings

There is a 16A at Leroy Merlin in Perpignan.

Plugsurfing has a 16A one in Perpignan EV-Friendly

You may find more here, but I see one of us is a member so may have asked: Vehiculeselectriques.fr

Maybe you can speak to these guys? EDF - La mobilité électrique

I've been checking campsites. There seem to be a lot with 10A and one or two with 16A. Of course, they don't normally go above that in Europe so you are in Y cable territory.

Narbonne Plage Marina has electric hookups but I can't find what current they offer: Port Narbonne-Plage: Marinas in Narbonne,Languedoc-Roussillon,France

Openchargemap says there is an unspecified point in Parking Mirabeau in Narbonne. - found the link Véhicules électriques dans les parkings - VINCI Park gestion du stationnement et des parkings

There is a 16A at Leroy Merlin in Perpignan.

Plugsurfing has a 16A one in Perpignan EV-Friendly

You may find more here, but I see one of us is a member so may have asked: Vehiculeselectriques.fr

Maybe you can speak to these guys? EDF - La mobilité électrique

I have not asked yet!
I will do now

winter-tyres in germany are only required on 'snowy' weather conditions ... so depends on the weather , but should warm up next week ...

penalty : 40 Euros , if you cause traffic problems dueto wrong tires ... 80 Euros +1 point ....

Last edited:
The good news from Spain is that I got interviewed for a TV spot about the Roadster and the big meeting in Geneva. Should get aired Tuesday. Some nice shots of the Roadster in action were taken.

The bad news is that after getting every stop organised with 32A charging I have to stay at work until Wednesday midday. This will mean it would be nearly impossible to arrive before 8pm Friday (and that will require sleeping very little and everything going without a hitch).

We'll be at the gala dinner (if Tesla CH let us) and the motor show all day Friday but I'll be burning aviation fuel to get there :(

Sorry to let you guys down... Off in the Roadster to the Parador de Sigüenza (32A charging arranged) to compensate.

See you guys Friday,

Mark

Well, Kevin is on his way.

First stop, Ashford HPC (near the Channel Tunnel).

Follow progress at #TeslaToGeneva

Attachments

• Ashford.png
    Ashford.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 69