Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get used to acceleration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have gotten used to my 3 Performance's acceleration, but in the opposite way...I came from an S Performance, and the 3 felt awfully slow when I first got it just over a year ago. I knew the 3 would be slower and I was prepared for it logically, but emotionally I was disappointed with the 3 at first.

But I'm now used to it and really happy with the 3. (Now my wife's X 100D...no, that isn't quick enough. At least not anymore...it's way quicker than any ICE I ever had, so I clearly have gotten used to a certain level of acceleration). Sure, every now and then I'll wish I had a little more, and I sometimes kind of miss the S's launch. But not really that often...the 3's acceleration is nice and smooth; the S at launch was almost violent. I loved the S Performance when I had it, but now I'm perfectly happy with the 3 Performance. I may have another S some day, but I don't think it will be because I'm chasing more acceleration.

The car shines once you get used to it. Many sports/performance oriented cars can become annoying once you adjust to how fast they are and the Tesla is the opposite. The more I drive it, the more I enjoy it. It’s super easy to drive in a chill way and super easy to go fast in. Tesla’s constant updates and FSD are also amazing. I went from always looking at the newest ICE cars and wondering if I should upgrade to being unsure I’ll ever want something from another brand. As soon as my partner’s lease is up she’ll be getting a Y. The current debate is between AWD or a Performance version.

To the performance owners out there... did y’all get used to the acceleration? The first week the car actually made me feel nauseated when I floored it from a stop but now it feels slower somehow and doesn’t seem to bother me. It still feels really fast but not scary fast anymore. Any of y’all have a similar experience?
Yes I also felt nauseated for the first week or so. Now I don’t even think it feels all that fast lol. I mean it’s fast, by the acceleration from 60-130mph is not that shockingly quick.