Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credits: Enticing us to get Acceleration Boost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my MY and I’m loving it. I now have 10,000 credits in my Tesla store account. I’m not really sure if there’s anything in there that’s a better value than acceleration boost. I don’t think it’s even close.

If I needed a wall connector, or a roof rack, those would probably be no-brainers. And if the roof rack were easily detachable, I would get that. But I paid a fair amount for the hitch on the MY, and I feel like I should be using that. So that leaves me with acceleration boost, which is worth $2000.

The problem is, I drive in chill mode now. After about two years of having so much fun in my M3 when I first got it, eventually, the acceleration novelty did wear off, and I realize that chill mode is better in most situations. So while I would have fun with acceleration boost every now and then, it’s not like it will be a daily thing. But does it add much to resale value in 4 years?

I wish they had some kind of discount on the winter tire package. But I guess there’s not enough markup on that for them to offer it.

What are you all doing with whatever credits you have?

Following, very interested to know this too as I have 17500 points and seeing whats the best way to spend these. Wall connector has better value but I am getting it along with the installation which my electricity provider is covering.

...So while I would have fun with acceleration boost every now and then, it’s not like it will be a daily thing. But does it add much to resale value in 4 years?
I have a MY20 M3 with acceleration boost that is just over 4 years old now. I am about to sell it. I am not expecting acceleration boost will add any value to its resale after 4 years, but it has been worth it to me. Chill & Standard becomes Chill & Sport. Shame they do not arrange it so it retains all three Chill, Standard & Sport. That way you could more easily show the difference to a potential buyer. All that said I drive 90% of the time in Chill and with the scroll wheel shortcut flick to (AB) Sport quite frequently. Useful when I am planning to overtake on a county road and wanna have the extra zip.

Reactions: UncleCreepy
I got the acceleration boost because it has the most $ to points value. To be fair, I completely don't need the boost and can't really feel the difference before or after. The other thing I would have picked was 4 years of Premium Connectivity (if it would let us stack 4 years) but then it would be only $396 worth instead of $2000. Now I am not sure what to do with my leftover 500 points. Maybe get a T-Shirt or something before the points expires.

I got the acceleration boost because it has the most $ to points value. To be fair, I completely don't need the boost and can't really feel the difference before or after. The other thing I would have picked was 4 years of Premium Connectivity (if it would let us stack 4 years) but then it would be only $396 worth instead of $2000. Now I am not sure what to do with my leftover 500 points. Maybe get a T-Shirt or something before the points expires.
I wonder if $2000 of something not particularly useful, but arguably fun once in a while, is really better then $400 of something I’d consider essential….

Unsure.

Does anyone know if we can buy 4 years of premium connectivity service all at once (before the credits expire)?

I had SB on my '21 MYLR (I paid for it) and used the credits for it on my new '24 MYLR. Not only is it fun and, to me, worth it, but when you add in the value of the credits, it's an easy choice, for me at least. You can tell the difference with it, and I'd pay for it, but now you don't have to!

Reactions: father_of_6
Anyone thinks CCS adapter redemption will be a good value and comes in handy during road trips?
I purchased the CCS adapter when Tesla first offered it at $249 - but have only used it about 3 or 4 times. It's a good back up, but now I just consider it a novelty. At one time it was more cost effective to use Electrify America charger, but now they are more expensive that Tesla's Superchargers.

I purchased the CCS adapter when Tesla first offered it at $249 - but have only used it about 3 or 4 times. It's a good back up, but now I just consider it a novelty. At one time it was more cost effective to use Electrify America charger, but now they are more expensive that Tesla's Superchargers.
Thanks. That's what I realized when I registered with Electrify America account and saw that their rates are almost 1.5 times more than Tesla's but not sure if there will be other places of low cost or free chargers using CCS ports (just got my first EV this weekend, so still learning all these). For 4000 points, do you recommend to have this as a life saver at some point when needed?

Last edited:
Thanks. That's what I realized when I registered with Electrify America account and saw that their rates are almost 1.5 times more than Tesla's but not sure if there will be other places of low cost or free chargers using CCS ports (just got my first EV this weekend, so still learning all these). For 4000 points, do you recommend to have this as a life saver at some point when needed?
In nearly 5 years of owning a Tesla, I have found *very* few instances of 3rd party chargers being useful. The supercharger network is vast and convenient. A few times I have used 3rd party J1772 chargers while parked at shopping centers, sports events with my kids, etc., just because they were free. Only once, on a very long work driving day, did I actually need to charge and was not near a Tesla supercharger. I ended up at a library in a small town and charged for free there with the J1772 adapter included with the car.

I have considered buying the CCS adapter just to have, but, I just don't see the use case. Ultimately I wouldn't be surprised if I never used it even once. That said, at $250, maybe it's worth having in the frunk just to know it's there?

In my opinion NO - Knowing what I know now - I probably would have never purchased it. Besides - EA requires a deposit, and after 2 years of non-use I still have $8 dollars on the books. They auto top off you balance once you reach $5 (maybe not now.)

In my opinion NO - Knowing what I know now - I probably would have never purchased it. Besides - EA requires a deposit, and after 2 years of non-use I still have $8 dollars on the books. They auto top off you balance once you reach $5 (maybe not now.)
Yes, I signed up for it yesterday to see rates and they made me add CC for auto topup but mentioned they will only add the first funds at first use, so just keeping it for now but if I am not getting the CCS adapter, looks like it is going to be waste and might delete it.

But the wondering still remains similar to OP, what to get with the points 🤔

Reactions: andaconda
AB is unquestionably the best value for using the points, and that is what I used it for. It costs Tesla nothing so that’s probably why. I would not expect any extra resale value with AB.

Personally I don’t feel much difference with it and would have been sorely disappointed if I paid $2000. Perhaps it makes a bigger difference on the Model Y vs on my Model 3.

If you had your eye on any of the accessories already then you can pick those up. Otherwise I think people probably get the wall connector and try to sell it for a few hundred bucks.

Yeah I guess got $11 balance. Goes to show you the price of electricity a year ago compared to now the $11 charge for 54 kW right now cost about $24. Almost 2 1/2 times the price one year ago

Attachments

• IMG_4525.png
    IMG_4525.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4524.png
    IMG_4524.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 10
I would not buy one today either. Especially with everyone else moving to NACS in the future. I bought it because a few years ago EA frequently had free charging sessions around major holidays so I figured I could easily recoup the cost of the adapter when doing holiday road trips. They’ve pretty much stopped doing the system wide free sessions after I bought the adapter. 🙃

So I have not used it at all personally, but I did lend it to a friend who needed to fast charge their recently purchased used Model Y and was still waiting for the ownership transfer in the app before he could use the Superchargers.

I’ll keep it and leave it in the car “just in case” but I don’t foresee ever needing to use it unless I come across a free CCS charger or I’m somehow in an area with only CCS chargers and no superchargers nearby.

I have actually used my mobile charger much more often that the CCS adapter. If I had points I'd consider getting the mobile charger (if that's an option) and the TT-30 and 15-40 adapters for it. I already have the 15-40 and have use it several times. I've also used the 5-15 adapter numerous times.

Kinda in the same boat. I recently purchased a 2024 MYLR and received 10000 loyalty credits. To me, the acceleration boost is simply not worth using credits on. Paying $2000 for a software upgrade to go 0-60 0.5 second faster is ludicrous. The stock MYLR is plenty fast when it needs to be. Just because Tesla assigns a $2K value on an upgrade doesn’t make it inherently valuable and a “good deal” to burn 10000 credits. I don’t need a 2nd wall charger or most of the other accessories being offered. Guess I could settle on getting about 20 t-shirts and calling it a day! :)

Kinda in the same boat. I recently purchased a 2024 MYLR and received 10000 loyalty credits. To me, the acceleration boost is simply not worth using credits on. Paying $2000 for a software upgrade to go 0-60 0.5 second faster is ludicrous. The stock MYLR is plenty fast when it needs to be. Just because Tesla assigns a $2K value on an upgrade doesn’t make it inherently valuable and a “good deal” to burn 10000 credits. I don’t need a 2nd wall charger or most of the other accessories being offered. Guess I could settle on getting about 20 t-shirts and calling it a day! :)
A .5 second 0-60 time improvement would cost way more than that on an ICE. It's actually priced pretty well, for those who want it. If I had those credits, it would be a no-brainer for me.