Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get your wallets ready for base $35k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh, I think that that reporter has some facts mixed up. I don't think St. Louis is getting the $35K (base) version. Rather, they are probably getting their first First Production Model 3, aka, the one with PUP and LR battery. So $49K. It's even mentioned in the article that it "holds up to 310 miles on a single charge".

Here's a better article: Tesla picks St. Louis for first Missouri public showing of Model 3 sedan

Uh, I think that that reporter has some facts mixed up. I don't think St. Louis is getting the $35K (base) version. Rather, they are probably getting their first First Production Model 3, aka, the one with PUP and LR battery. So $49K. It's even mentioned in the article that it "holds up to 310 miles on a single charge".
You're probably right and good catch. there is still a chance it's base trim with big battery though. I really do hope it's base trim as nothing says FU shorts like ongoing productions, sales, and expanding options for placing an order. Tesla thinks they're seeing big numbers now, just wait until base is open for config!

You're probably right and good catch. there is still a chance it's base trim with big battery though. I really do hope it's base trim as nothing says FU shorts like ongoing productions, sales, and expanding options for placing an order. Tesla thinks they're seeing big numbers now, just wait until base is open for config!
IMO Tesla will go SR+PUP before offering LR without the PUP for streamlining the manufacturing.