Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting a 23 plate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So that’s as simple as that? I can just tell them I’m unavailable until 1st of March and that would be it? This is sweet!
As others pointed out it is not that simple. And you will go to the back of the queue if you are not able to take delivery and Tesla usually offers one change of delivery date within a week. There are many threads related to delivery date that can provide more info.

26th of Feb you should able to stall till early March without issue (ive done this a couple of times). You wil then get a 23 number plate assigned before you collect it. The car will officially be registered with the dvla on your collection day.

26th of Feb you should able to stall till early March without issue (ive done this a couple of times). You wil then get a 23 number plate assigned before you collect it. The car will officially be registered with the dvla on your collection day.
This is correct.

Be forthright about why you are unable to collect until March 1st. Don't mention wanting a 23 plate, I'd just say you're away on business or holiday. Tesla are all about end of quarter pushes so they will obviously be keen for you to collect before the 1st.

Reactions: Js1977
This is correct.

Be forthright about why you are unable to collect until March 1st. Don't mention wanting a 23 plate, I'd just say you're away on business or holiday. Tesla are all about end of quarter pushes so they will obviously be keen for you to collect before the 1st.
Yea, there or there about works. If I well remember, I just said due to work commitments and also something like the 2nd or 3rd as to not seem to obvious 😬

Reactions: Durzel
Don’t think it’s that simple. The car will be registered when it arrives at your delivery/collection location - not when you decide to pick it up.

So if it arrives before end Feb, it will be a 72 plate.
Incorrect, cars are registered on the day of collection, in fact a lot of cars don't even arrive at the collection point until the day before and some on the day itself. Tesla will defer a collection for a max of 7 days and after that they give the car to someone else and the original buyer goes back in the pot.

Thanks everybody - good to know they’ll register it on the day I collect. I actually am going to be away until Feb end for real :) when I get contacted I’ll ask for collection from 1st March onwards. Also it’s only 3 days out of my collection window, so maybe it won’t be an issue at all anyway.

Just a point of note. They registered the car for VED, but this needs insurance in place. So if you hadn’t arranged for insurance the car couldn’t be taxed and they may not have released it. Even zero rate VED needs the admin done.