Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y MY23 with USS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys. Here’s my situation…

Just returned my Model 3 Performance for a LR Y. Ordered Feb 23 via my work salary sacrafice scheme. Advised as in stock but unable to take delivery until March. Delivery company delay has resulted in a delivery today (03/05/2023).

So I was passed my VIN around 4 weeks ago, checked online, it’s a 23 model Y. Passed reg last week, 72 plate. No big deal. I know it’s brand new so plates are meaningless to me.

Arrived today, 100 miles on the clock and driven 95 to my home. Checked against DVLA and registered 01/11/2022. Obviously been in a lock up for a short while.

Thing is… I have USS. What other updates were included/excluded with MY23? I have also got matrix LED headlights if that helps? Is this common?

FYI: confirmed 23 model: VIN LRWYHCEK5PC5*****

If the reports of suspension changes at the turn of the year are correct you won't have the 'comfort' suspension. Fair trade for the uss I say
I’m used to a firm ride, and I didn’t even find my Model 3 performance suspension troublesome/an issue. Suppose I’ll have to see how this goes but so far so good. Not sure how to confirm if I have it or not (I know it’s unlikely)

Hi guys. Here’s my situation…

Just returned my Model 3 Performance for a LR Y. Ordered Feb 23 via my work salary sacrafice scheme. Advised as in stock but unable to take delivery until March. Delivery company delay has resulted in a delivery today (03/05/2023).

So I was passed my VIN around 4 weeks ago, checked online, it’s a 23 model Y. Passed reg last week, 72 plate. No big deal. I know it’s brand new so plates are meaningless to me.

Arrived today, 100 miles on the clock and driven 95 to my home. Checked against DVLA and registered 01/11/2022. Obviously been in a lock up for a short while.

Thing is… I have USS. What other updates were included/excluded with MY23? I have also got matrix LED headlights if that helps? Is this common?

FYI: confirmed 23 model: VIN LRWYHCEK5PC5*****
I’d be pretty confident that yours was built late summer 22. My ‘22 Q4 delivery (Dec) car with no USS has a similar VIN. You’ll have parcel shelf over older Ys, probably a softer suspension than the early ones too.

It’s possible they’re revamped the suspension again over Christmas but it’s unconfirmed when that started.

I’d rest easy that you have pretty much everything.

The suspension changes at giga shanghai happened from 1st Jan onwards, Tesla shared it themselves in China but seemingly nowhere else...

My car was built end of Jan roughly so would have it, I'd be interested in a comparison if anyone is around Sheffield.