Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Blackvue 900DRS installed by Calibred Customs next week.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But I don't want to drive that slow. :p

I will follow you in a Suzuki GSX R-1000 motorcycle. I’ll also get to where you want to go in advance via lane splitting so I can scout and squat parking spots.

2020 Roadster is faster than 1150 km/h? That's the max speed of X-Wing. :p

Exactly, totally smoked the Millenial Falcons kessel run. Who cares about the record. It’s like owning the fastest bobtail truck quarter mile time.

If you have the parts, Calibred quotes 300 to do the install. I will report on the results once they are done.

Don't think you should be paying $300 to get a dash cam installed on a 3, it's not that complex. Acedashcam has installed on plenty of 3s and S and if you buy the cams from them they charge $129 for the dual channel install. I ended up getting my 750s for $285 after a group buy and EV tuning has current discount going. I also ordered a b124 battery from eBay for $250 which is pricey but records for long periods in parking mode and won't cause issues with the car in the future. I ended up getting dash cam from 2 of my cars installed for around 90-$100 each at a stereo shop in Irvine and they did an incredible job. My advice is to shop around and you will find better install rates

The 900 has known issue with overheating. Mine is always overheated when it's sitting in the sun these couple of months. I am already using a Samsung Endurance crd.

I have a freedompop hotspot $10 and their 49$ One year prepid plan with 1GB data. currently on sale for 45 at bestbuy. Works great.

The 900 has known issue with overheating. Mine is always overheated when it's sitting in the sun these couple of months. I am already using a Samsung Endurance crd.

I have a freedompop hotspot $10 and their 49$ One year prepid plan with 1GB data. currently on sale for 45 at bestbuy. Works great.

Is your windshield tinted?

Is that a possible consideration? Also would cabin overheat protection be sufficient? Running the AC every time it’s parked would be excessive but overheat protection only kicks in for a certain threshold?
no. i have overheat protection on and it does not help. to remedy the problem is to set parking mode recording to time lapse.

Sorry misquoted he does charge from 300-400 for install you bring equipment ..I had another car done awhile back and he charged me a lot less ...also follow his IG he has specials occasionally

Also another member went to ace dash cam they come to u as well savings were significant from Calibred so they are worth a shot as well

Don't think you should be paying $300 to get a dash cam installed on a 3, it's not that complex. Acedashcam has installed on plenty of 3s and S and if you buy the cams from them they charge $129 for the dual channel install. I ended up getting my 750s for $285 after a group buy and EV tuning has current discount going. I also ordered a b124 battery from eBay for $250 which is pricey but records for long periods in parking mode and won't cause issues with the car in the future. I ended up getting dash cam from 2 of my cars installed for around 90-$100 each at a stereo shop in Irvine and they did an incredible job. My advice is to shop around and you will find better install rates

Seriously, are people really paying hundreds of dollars to have these things professionally installed when just using the battery pack and not doing any hard-wiring? I installed my DR900-2CH with a battery pack and it's a 1 hour DIY job. I guess around $100 is not unreasonable if you have no clue what you're doing. It's really easy to run the wires behind the trim pieces and the hardest part about it was making sure the cameras were centered and at the right height. I should start installing these as a side hustle if people are really paying that much.

i think im going to get the 750 based on the feedback about the 900 overheating and having worse night vision. I have the 650 in my S right now and the videos are fine. Even with 4K, i doubt i'd get any license plates unless the angle is perfect and i wanna be able to record longer videos.

Reactions: P85_DA
Seriously, are people really paying hundreds of dollars to have these things professionally installed when just using the battery pack and not doing any hard-wiring? I installed my DR900-2CH with a battery pack and it's a 1 hour DIY job. I guess around $100 is not unreasonable if you have no clue what you're doing. It's really easy to run the wires behind the trim pieces and the hardest part about it was making sure the cameras were centered and at the right height. I should start installing these as a side hustle if people are really paying that much.

I know who I'm contacting when I get mine! :p

I've watched some videos of the installs and somewhat agree that $300+ is a bit overkill, but $100-200 is more reasonable. The main reason Calibred Customs can charge so much is their extensive advertising and experience installing them in other Teslas. I think there is another small vendor who is also similarly experienced installing Tesla's and recommended as well. Can't recall who it was.

Here's the comprehensive guide I found on the subject.
Ultimate 2018 Tesla Dashcam Guide | TeslaTap

Hey Turtlesz: if you don’t mind me asking, which shop in Irvine did your install? I would happily pay them a hundred bucks to put the BV in my m3. Thanks!