Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting hard to make service appointments...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upshot of all this for me: I brought the car in (timed to hit as close to the techs coming back from lunch as I could), they looked at it immediately, and when we concluded the car needed to go up on a lift for more investigation, the decision was that they'd keep it for a few more days and get the work done somehow.

Once again the actual SvC staff (Brooklyn) from intake to tech to service manager were great - but once again it was another ridiculous struggle against Tesla's corporate decisions to get to the point where they could _be_ great. Like, why do I have to know how to lie my way through two sets of phone menus to actually talk to the people who obviously want to help me this week, not next month? The world wonders.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Upshot of all this for me: I brought the car in (timed to hit as close to the techs coming back from lunch as I could), they looked at it immediately, and when we concluded the car needed to go up on a lift for more investigation, the decision was that they'd keep it for a few more days and get the work done somehow.

Once again the actual SvC staff (Brooklyn) from intake to tech to service manager were great - but once again it was another ridiculous struggle against Tesla's corporate decisions to get to the point where they could _be_ great. Like, why do I have to know how to lie my way through two sets of phone menus to actually talk to the people who obviously want to help me this week, not next month? The world wonders.

Glad you got your car in. Your question got me thinking. There is anopportunity to apply technology and possibly AI to improving the assessment/CRM process mess that exists today. In the same way, that triage works at a hospital (or should work), it should be possible to have a remote level of diagnostics, plus customer input that enables routing a customer directly to the SvC and/or getting an appt. Solving this not only improves our customer experience, but could also be a competitive advantage. Seems like Elon should be able to find someone to tackle this.

Yea, they need to step up their maintenance staff here in Vegas as well. We can easily make appointments here, but they’re usually a week or 2 out. Then after drop off, the car sits for 3-4 days before being seen. I’ve spoken to the SC manager here and he’s well aware of the issue and very polite. BL: they need some serious help in the maintenance dept.

Vegas used to be amazing 100% of the time, now they're hot and cold. One visit will be stellar, then the next a hot mess, then back to stellar.....

Glad you got your car in. Your question got me thinking. There is anopportunity to apply technology and possibly AI to improving the assessment/CRM process mess that exists today. In the same way, that triage works at a hospital (or should work), it should be possible to have a remote level of diagnostics, plus customer input that enables routing a customer directly to the SvC and/or getting an appt.

A simple checkbox "is this request urgent" and a drop-down for why would have left me satisfied to schedule via the website!

Which, in fact, is also how my doctor's office does it.

Reactions: neroden
How do you schedule service appointments on the website? The only option I have is to submit a support "request".
So VERY frustrated just trying to get to speak to a live person at Raleigh NC service center. 30 minute wait,.. just to speak to a live person and can't book an appointment until January 3, 2019! What is going on... I can't get a response to the emails I'm sending directly to the Raleigh Service Center.. Have been an owner since 2012.. but things are not feeling right lately!

Because Musk is spectacularly, grotesquely, horrifically incompetent at the communications functions of management, doesn't realize the importance of the communications, and has failed to hire the people who normally perform those functions (secretaries and managers).

It's been Tesla's single biggest and worst weak point since at least 2012, probably earlier. They have done *nothing* to fix it. Because of this, when there are enough electric cars on the market (which seems like it's going to take many, many years), everyone will chose "anything but Tesla". I wish I could tie Elon down and force him to understand what's going on. Hire a secretary for each service center, dude. It's not rocket science, but it is crucial.