TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Getting Slacker Working Again

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by lolachampcar, Feb 24, 2013.

1. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

I have Slacker up and running again. Here is what I believe has happened.

Favorites were being stored from when I first received my car. They were just not displayed (display window was blank). I could touch the blank display window and a favorite would appear so they were “there”, I just could not see them.

My DS told me to reboot the center display. When I did, Slacker ceased to function. My favorites did appear.

I purchased a premium Slacker subscription and now it is working again.

This is what I sent Tesla-
    I believe the center screen reset caused a push of the Slacker username and password. The subscription on the pushed u/p had expired and thus Slacker would not slack.... The car is three weeks old now and it is my understanding from the forums that there is a 3 month subscription included with the car. It is not worth your or my time to go back to the included subscription for a total of $18 so I am good to go. However, you can prevent these problems in the future by warning customers that reboots will push new u/p and the new ones may be expired. You could simply document the provided subscription details for each car and the owner could re-enter the details after a reboot as well. Either way, a heads up will prevent an action ticket on your end.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I've rebooted many times without losing my Slacker functionality, so I'm not sure I understand why your reboot would have caused a problem.

Did you use the subscription username that was provided by Tesla for your Premium subscription or did you simply change to a different account?

I've been wondering how I'll deal with the end of that subscription, I'm really enjoying Slacker more than I'd anticipated I would to start, though I don't really want to pay for XM and Slacker and the 3G connectivity (once that comes around).

3. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

I did not have a need to look at the slacker account info prior to the reboot so I really can not say. I assume the reboot pushed a different u/p as it would have been too much of a coincidence to have my included three month slacker account expire in three weeks exactly when I rebooted the center display. That being said, I can not be sure.

If anyone has this problem, perhaps the information above will help. Your success with rebooting may speak to my problem being a one off.

4. rsampsonjr

rsampsonjr Member

I used my own premium subscription in order to turn off explicit lyrics. I rebooted the center console and checked, my credentials remained and did not revert to the tesla login that was entered when I took delivery of the car. I had read somewhere that Tesla pushes the credentials back out on reboot, but it did not do it in my case. I think I will just make it a practice of checking credentials after reboot. Not sure why yours changed and mine did not.