Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Slacker Working Again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lolachampcar

Nov 26, 2012
WPB Florida
I have Slacker up and running again. Here is what I believe has happened.

Favorites were being stored from when I first received my car. They were just not displayed (display window was blank). I could touch the blank display window and a favorite would appear so they were “there”, I just could not see them.

My DS told me to reboot the center display. When I did, Slacker ceased to function. My favorites did appear.

I purchased a premium Slacker subscription and now it is working again.

This is what I sent Tesla-
I believe the center screen reset caused a push of the Slacker username and password. The subscription on the pushed u/p had expired and thus Slacker would not slack.... The car is three weeks old now and it is my understanding from the forums that there is a 3 month subscription included with the car. It is not worth your or my time to go back to the included subscription for a total of $18 so I am good to go. However, you can prevent these problems in the future by warning customers that reboots will push new u/p and the new ones may be expired. You could simply document the provided subscription details for each car and the owner could re-enter the details after a reboot as well. Either way, a heads up will prevent an action ticket on your end.

I've rebooted many times without losing my Slacker functionality, so I'm not sure I understand why your reboot would have caused a problem.

Did you use the subscription username that was provided by Tesla for your Premium subscription or did you simply change to a different account?

I've been wondering how I'll deal with the end of that subscription, I'm really enjoying Slacker more than I'd anticipated I would to start, though I don't really want to pay for XM and Slacker and the 3G connectivity (once that comes around).

I did not have a need to look at the slacker account info prior to the reboot so I really can not say. I assume the reboot pushed a different u/p as it would have been too much of a coincidence to have my included three month slacker account expire in three weeks exactly when I rebooted the center display. That being said, I can not be sure.

If anyone has this problem, perhaps the information above will help. Your success with rebooting may speak to my problem being a one off.

I used my own premium subscription in order to turn off explicit lyrics. I rebooted the center console and checked, my credentials remained and did not revert to the tesla login that was entered when I took delivery of the car. I had read somewhere that Tesla pushes the credentials back out on reboot, but it did not do it in my case. I think I will just make it a practice of checking credentials after reboot. Not sure why yours changed and mine did not.