Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohme + intelligent octopus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, apologies for jumping on another topic, but it seems silly to start a new one when this is entirely linked. I have an ohme Pro charger and intelligent octopus. It shows a schedule as per below

Screenshot_20231109_192523_Octopus.jpg

But then starts charging out side of that schedule
Screenshot_20231109_195832_Ohme.jpg (ignore the charging issue I caused that messing with the tesla app)

As you can see it says smart charging, so is this charging at the low intelligent octopus rate even though it isn't showing as a session in the octopus app?

Thank you

Stephen

Hi all, apologies for jumping on another topic, but it seems silly to start a new one when this is entirely linked. I have an ohme Pro charger and intelligent octopus. It shows a schedule as per below

View attachment 989284

But then starts charging out side of that schedule
View attachment 989285 (ignore the charging issue I caused that messing with the tesla app)

As you can see it says smart charging, so is this charging at the low intelligent octopus rate even though it isn't showing as a session in the octopus app?

Thank you

Stephen
It looks like you have got confused with your onboarding process.

It looks like you have onboarded with Tesla API integration as you will only see a schedule created in the Octopus app if that's the case. And you probably therefore have conflicting Ohme settings which will cause charging conflicts like you have described.

If you want to retain this approach then you need to turn off ALL smart features and schedules in the Ohme app (and car) so it's acting as a completely dumb charger which will then be controlled by commands coming from the car via the Tesla API.

If however you want to use Ohme inetgration for IO, you will need to remove your current onboarding in the Octopus app and go back through the wizard choosing Ohme integration. Also subsequently follow the guidance for how things need to be set up in the Ohme app for it to work properly.

It looks like you have got confused with your onboarding process.

It looks like you have onboarded with Tesla API integration as you will only see a schedule created in the Octopus app if that's the case. And you probably therefore have conflicting Ohme settings which will cause charging conflicts like you have described.

If you want to retain this approach then you need to turn off ALL smart features and schedules in the Ohme app (and car) so it's acting as a completely dumb charger which will then be controlled by commands coming from the car via the Tesla API.

If however you want to use Ohme inetgration for IO, you will need to remove your current onboarding in the Octopus app and go back through the wizard choosing Ohme integration. Also subsequently follow the guidance for how things need to be set up in the Ohme app for it to work properly.
mmm ok - let me review it all. I did move to Octopus a number of months after first getting Ohme and the car, so let me check everything is correct. Thank you