Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glad I didn't have a hardtop today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the car a few weeks and with the ever-changing weather in the Mile High city, I haven't taken the soft top off yet. Well, today (November!) was 75 degrees, so I pulled over, rolled it up and placed it in the trunk. What a change. Open air driving was fantastic. And getting in and out felt so easy without the top in my way. My brain focused on the driving and the experience more versus hearing the various creaks and clunks the car makes driving over uneven tarmac.

Funny thing is, I own another convertible (I know, the Roadster is a targa, but close enough) so you'd think I know good enough how much different a car is when you let the sun in.

It really was a great drive today. It was about 45 min each way to run an errand and I was sad when it was over. I put the top back on (to keep bugs out in the garage) but if the weather is good, it's coming back off often!

My Roadster is my first car ever with a soft top. It's off and stowed in the trunk a lot! I doubt I'll ever put the hard top back on - it'll stay in the storage bag. (I'd change my avatar if I could figure out how...)

Last edited: