Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass Roadster Top - New Group buy (May 2013)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Johnny - the May group buy has been submitted and is in the works. I recommend calling David at MrFiat (his number and other details are upthread) and seeing if you can get in on the group buy price.

If it's been long enough and it needs to be another group, then it looks like you are organizing the next one :)

I suspect that when this second group buy starts showing up, there will be a lot of new photos and posts by people raving about their new top. That is likely to provide some motivation for people for another group order.

Well I took my new glass top off for "top down summer weather" and drove around for two days!!
Guess what ........... I put it right back on!!!
The top is soooo cool that I couldn't go without it. Top down is cool but on the east coast it equates to 'grimy hair from bad air'!
Glass top with windows down is just fine for me ..... probably have a little less drag and less Kwh/mile with top on anyway.

Good morning all - for those that have been keeping an eye out, we got our notice from MrFiat yesterday that our new glass top is on its way. We expect to see it early next week, and you can be sure that pictures of #969 with its new top are coming soon!

Received and installed. Loving it!

glasstop.jpg

I'm not sure if it is from parking in a new garage that gets pretty hot but the seal on the driver's side of my new glass roof has come un-adhered! :( I've emailed to see what type of adhesive to use to try and re-attach it.

I would suggest silicone glue (G.E. Silicone II is what I have always used). I have made many repairs to many things, (including my rubber roof a few years ago) and never had a single fail. It is strong as heck and remains flexible, which will be important for your seals. Obviously, clean the old adhesive off thoroughly, and be sure you can let it cure without moving anything for at least 24 hours. You can fuss with aligning it right after application for quite a few minutes. Have paper towels to clean any excess, though. Once it cures it will be very hard to remove if it gets somewhere you don't want. Best of luck!

I would suggest silicone glue (G.E. Silicone II is what I have always used). I have made many repairs to many things, (including my rubber roof a few years ago) and never had a single fail. It is strong as heck and remains flexible, which will be important for your seals. Obviously, clean the old adhesive off thoroughly, and be sure you can let it cure without moving anything for at least 24 hours. You can fuss with aligning it right after application for quite a few minutes. Have paper towels to clean any excess, though. Once it cures it will be very hard to remove if it gets somewhere you don't want. Best of luck!

Thanks I'll give it a shot!

I recently purchased roadster sport 556 with no hardtop. I don't love the way the hardtop sits above the carbon fiber rollbar. It looks as though the glass top fits in a sleeker manner. After reading through the thread, however, I don't see anything about how to order one or how much it costs. Someone mentioned Mr. Fiat. Is this a Fiat product?. It also appears to come from the European market. Any further information would be appreciated. Thanks

I recently purchased roadster sport 556 with no hardtop. I don't love the way the hardtop sits above the carbon fiber rollbar. It looks as though the glass top fits in a sleeker manner. After reading through the thread, however, I don't see anything about how to order one or how much it costs. Someone mentioned Mr. Fiat. Is this a Fiat product?. It also appears to come from the European market. Any further information would be appreciated. Thanks

Somewhere in the first page / first posts in the thread, there was information about placing the order. You'll end up talking to David at Mr. Fiat. You can also find his phone number on the website Mr Fiat - Home

This particular group purchase is complete. However I wouldn't be surprised if he got you in at the discounted rate we got due to the number of tops that we've ordered and that they're still coming in. You should mention that you found him through the Tesla Motor Club forums and the group buy that was assembled back in May (it can't hurt, and if its works, it's worth $100).

The other group buy thread (the earlier group that purchased) has a number of pictures of Roadsters with the glass top on. The folks in this buy are still waiting for their tops, for the most part. (Mine is in, but we're waiting for the end of summer to put it on)

Good luck!