Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roof Screen.png

I'm in TX and chose the metal roof for the same concerns about heat and brightness.
Friends have since taken delivery of glass-roofed versions, so having had chance to experience both for a few months I wish I would have gone glass.

Its beautiful, the heat difference seemed negligible, the factory tint seems sufficient to prevent obnoxious brightness, and it provides better headroom.

I'm in TX and chose the metal roof for the same concerns about heat and brightness.
Friends have since taken delivery of glass-roofed versions, so having had chance to experience both for a few months I wish I would have gone glass.

Its beautiful, the heat difference seemed negligible, the factory tint seems sufficient to prevent obnoxious brightness, and it provides better headroom.

I was interested in the owners' views from Australia in particular: the UV in Australian sunlight is much harsher than other places - and I've lived in the Southern US and other tropical countries. The general opinion seems to be it's not much of a problem.

What about the structural integrity? Surely even strengthened glass gives less interior protection than a metal, crumpling roof?