Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Glass - Slightly Higher Where It Meets The Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many days it took them to replace? How is it after they replaced the glass roof? Any leak/.
They had the glass roof locally (I’m in southern cal) in another service center so it only took 2 days to replace. At that point I had already had a the car for a couple of months and no leaks or wind noise (that I noticed anyway). No loaner car was offered, I had to push for it. It appeared to be purely cosmetic. If they push back and say it’s within spec/tolerance I’d ask to see the actual spec. Also, they dented body above the rear passenger door between the top of the window and roof when they were installing. Take good pics at drop off and examine when you pick up. My SC moves cars in and out quickly so it seems they are not as careful as they should be.

Also, they dented body above the rear passenger door between the top of the window and roof when they were installing.

I hate to say it and I know it's no help but this is exactly why I would have left this alone

If it doesn't leak and doesn't cause any extra noise then after a while you'll simply no longer notice it

If you take it in then you'll end up with a roof that's not factory installed - so that has to be a more difficult job and is done by people who aren't doing it all day long, day after day so it'll not be as good.

. . . and they'll probably damage something else

Reactions: Chewy13
I hate to say it and I know it's no help but this is exactly why I would have left this alone

If it doesn't leak and doesn't cause any extra noise then after a while you'll simply no longer notice it

If you take it in then you'll end up with a roof that's not factory installed - so that has to be a more difficult job and is done by people who aren't doing it all day long, day after day so it'll not be as good.

. . . and they'll probably damage something else

Yeah I wouldn’t trust my local SC to put air in my tires.. it’s why I’m choosing to live with it.

Yeah I wouldn’t trust my local SC to put air in my tires.. it’s why I’m choosing to live with it.
Just had my service to replace my glove box and this what happened.

Service center at Burbank left my car blinker on overnight at their yard. My car and another vehicle on their yard with blinker on.

Received a text message around 733PM that my car is available for pick up. They closed by 7PM. I checked my sentry mode and I see my car blinker is on so I immediately tried to call the local service center and someone answered (call center) and was told the service center were closed. I told her that I can see my car blinker is on. Someone should turn it off and the rep on the phone said, "I'm sorry, the service center is closed and no one can turn off the blinker" So I decided to drive all the way to the service center and so I can it turn off the blinker manually. It was around 830pm and no Tesla reps or security guard at the lot. What I did, I called again Tesla and spoke someone and told the rep on the phone that I will go turn off the blinker and that's what I did while the Tesla customer service is still on the phone. After a few minutes a representative from Tesla Burbank came out about to go home and I told him why do they leave the blinker on. He said that they leave the blinker on overnight to know the car service was done and it wont drain the battery. My thought is even if it wont drain the battery that much, they should turn it off.
It will increase the wear and tear of the vehicle.

I am very disappointed, frustrated and furious how they handle my brand new car. I just recently got the car 2 weeks ago and it has only 87 miles on it and they will just leave the car like that. I had it service due the glove box misaligned, USB not working and one of the trim piece were replaced.

Im not agreeing on the rep what he told me that they can leave the blinker overnight. :mad:

Mind you it's a good idea to leave the blinker on all night because that's much more meaningful and less likely to get overlooked or cancelled than say ... I don't know maybe a NOTE ON A PIECE OF PAPER ON TOP OF THE INSTRUMENT PANEL !

<bang head>

(that was sarcasm btw)

Yeah I was wondering what was wrong with even a little chalk pen that they scribble on the windshield a note that it’s good to go..

Gone are the days (hopefully) of the little magnetic cones they’d stick on the roof of the car for “waiters”, or numbers for service that would scratch paint.
At least most places do paper hang tags.

Reactions: BURNS G