Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gloves that work with the Tesla touchscreen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have driving gloves they use that work with the Tesla touchscreen? I have some Adidas glove liners and my wife some Burton gloves and both work well with our phones, but apparently the technology on the Tesla screen is a bit different. Does anyone have a recommendation for a pair of gloves that works in the Tesla?

Pop-top Mittens for me (don't laugh), I love 'em! :)

1638302352837.png

I got some Head running gloves from Costco that are designed for touchscreens. While it hasn't been super frigid, I've worn them in the high 20s/low 30s and they've kept my hands warm enough. But they really do work exceptionally well on touch screens, including the Teslas screen.

Does anyone have driving gloves they use that work with the Tesla touchscreen? I have some Adidas glove liners and my wife some Burton gloves and both work well with our phones, but apparently the technology on the Tesla screen is a bit different. Does anyone have a recommendation for a pair if gloves that works in the Tesla?
If you prefer to keep using your existing gloves, there are a few ways to get them to work. You can buy conductive thread and sew a spot on the fingers you want to use so that your touch transfers to the outside through the thread. There's apparently also a liquid you can apply to the fingertip of the glove that cures into a conductive spot.

See Making a Glove Work With a Touch Screen

Also see this, although the specific product might not be for sale anymore. I'm sure others exist Make Any Glove Work With a Touchscreen Device | AnyGlove Formulas for Winter Gloves & Leather Gloves

Reactions: Aellinsar
I got some Head running gloves from Costco that are designed for touchscreens. While it hasn't been super frigid, I've worn them in the high 20s/low 30s and they've kept my hands warm enough. But they really do work exceptionally well on touch screens, including the Teslas screen.

Thanks. I lost my Burton gloves, so bought replacements from Costco. I tried on the Head Gloves, but went with the Adidas. Poor choice, it seems! :)