Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going from MS to 3... few questions...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm thinking of trading my MS75D for a 3D, have some questions...

My coil suspension MS can barely barely make it into my driveway without scraping. Driveway is slanted up, and I do all the tricks. Corner in, super slow, etc. How does the 3 compare, as far as clearance, but more importantly, distance from wheels to front and back bumpers? If my MS clears, is the 3 likely to clear, any chance it's actually better?

How are the squeaks and rattles in the 3? I'm pretty sensitive to that stuff - not road noise, but interior plastic on plastic clicking, dash creeping noises, loose wire harnesses banging around, etc. Is it an issue so far? Obviously there aren't any out there with a few seasons of hot/cold to really work things loose, so things may change as well.

How's the AC compare to the MS? I love the interior on the 3, especially the vents - does the car have the same cooling power as the S?

Just went from an S70D to 3LRD and love it.

I had air suspension on the S but the 3 feels considerably higher off the ground than the S.

I have had zero squeaks or rattles - solid car.

AC is fast and very responsive. Lately my glasses have fogged up when exiting my car bc the ac has dehumidified the car so well.

wheels on Model 3 are much further in front than S, so even if both cars are same coil and height off the ground, the 3 will clear better than S.

HVAC is amazing in the 3. Way better than my S.

No squeaks in my Feb build.

Reactions: UkrHog
I don't have an S so can't comment on clearance but the hvac is awesome. The whole car is the right temperature all the time without that blowing in your face feeling you get from traditional systems. I haven't had any rattles or weird noises so far, it isn't the most sound proof car but none of the noises I hear come from inside the vehicle.

I don't recall what the S looks like in front, but the 3's front wheels/tires are right up against the front end. I would think you're going to be ok with a steep driveway.

Where the lack of air suspension might matter wrt ground clearance is if you have a steeply down-sloping driveway and are worried about bottoming out between the two axles.