Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going to move my MS from TX to NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need to move to NY and because of it need move there my tesla, going to use some car shipping service to ship it, as have no time for a long trip, though want to ask some questions to avoid traubles
1. Have shipping experience only with a gas cars, first time when moving electrocar, read some articles and threads on forum, if I got right there no difference and some special equipment needed to move tesla, am I right?
2. Should I book enclosed trailer or can use open one, I know that enclosed one protects car much better though it cost more, that's why thinking should I pay extra or not
3. Any recomendations on car shipping? Have shipped cars with several brokers, actually it wasn't a bad exprerience, but not a good one, so if there are nice company with a great pleasure will use its service.
Thx for any advice

If I shipped open carrier, I'd probably invest in some of that stick on white car protection wrap that you see on cars being shipped from the factory. It'd probably be a nice medium of being cheaper than closed carrier, but more protection than just hope against small rocks or what have you.

LN1_Casey talks really nice thing, about car protection wrap, and to protect from rocks ask to put you MS on the upper level of the trailer (if it has two levels). About other you questions, shipping of the electro car is the same as the shipping of the gas, jast charge before the pickup to load it on and off the trailer. And the last part, choosing of company, actually they are seems for me the same, just a usual broker. As for me, last time I used the broker my friend adviced me, ship car or vehicle, or something other, oh found them on google its their site, it's shipvehicles, nice guys you can try them, cos I can say only good things about them. Anyway goodluck with you moving