Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Golf Destinations - Charging Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tomas

Out of warranty...
Supporting Member
Oct 22, 2012
Santa Barbara/New York
OK, just guessing that there MAY be a few other golfing Model S owners. This week took a trip to go golfing and got great help from a couple of resorts with charging. Otherwise, I would have had to waste time at RV park.

SO, below is posted information on 2 resorts. I invite other golfing Model S owners to please post their charging experiences so we know what resorts are "sfriendly".

ALSO, if you are NOT posting about a golf resort, please keep the other posts to minimum so we have a useful thread. If we get 30 pages of "gee, I golf too" or "I hate golf" or "good idea" or "bad idea", nobody will be able to find useful charging information. Thx.

WHISTLING STRAITS, AMERICAN CLUB, INN ON WOODLAKE

Played Whistling Straits. Called in advance. American Club parking lot has a couple of spaces near 110 outlets, but you'd better call day before arrival so they can put up some cones and keep others out. Inn on Woodlake has 110 outlets throughout the parking lot on lamp posts (for christmas lights, they told me). No need to reserve. Whistling Straits made arrangements for me to plug into 110 power cord in front of clubhouse. I watched the gapers for a while, I think it turned out to be good marketing for both Tesla and Kohler. Picture below:

photo-12.JPG

ERIN HILLS

My favorite golf course right now. Called in advance. Referred me to maintenance, who said they had 240 outlet, but didn't know what format. I figured I'd get there and figure out. When I arrived (late evening), they had a place for me to plug into 110 (with extension cord) for the night. In the AM, they let me pull the car into their bag drop building (an old barn) which had an empty NEMA 14-50 outlet. Reached without extension cord, though was tight fit getting in. I should have payed more attention, I think it was only 30 amps, but sooo much better than 110 volt outlet. Great service, and the caddies all seemed to like the car. Lotsa questions and admiration. Pictures below:

photo-13.JPG
photo-14.JPG

I am planning a trip to Pebble Beach this September. I talked with the folks at Casa Palmero, where we're staying (next to the Lodge, on 1st fairway) and was told they have a couple of spots in their parking facility with 14-50's. Said one would be reserved for my arrival. We then plan on traveling down Highway One to the Ojai Resort. There appear to be ample charging options in the small town. And now Buellton, hopefully, for the return trip.

OK, just guessing that there MAY be a few other golfing Model S owners. This week took a trip to go golfing and got great help from a couple of resorts with charging. Otherwise, I would have had to waste time at RV park.

SO, below is posted information on 2 resorts. I invite other golfing Model S owners to please post their charging experiences so we know what resorts are "sfriendly".

ALSO, if you are NOT posting about a golf resort, please keep the other posts to minimum so we have a useful thread. If we get 30 pages of "gee, I golf too" or "I hate golf" or "good idea" or "bad idea", nobody will be able to find useful charging information. Thx.

WHISTLING STRAITS, AMERICAN CLUB, INN ON WOODLAKE

Played Whistling Straits. Called in advance. American Club parking lot has a couple of spaces near 110 outlets, but you'd better call day before arrival so they can put up some cones and keep others out. Inn on Woodlake has 110 outlets throughout the parking lot on lamp posts (for christmas lights, they told me). No need to reserve. Whistling Straits made arrangements for me to plug into 110 power cord in front of clubhouse. I watched the gapers for a while, I think it turned out to be good marketing for both Tesla and Kohler. Picture below:

View attachment 23257

You got to Kohler a couple of weeks too early. :wink: They just installed two level 2 charging stations in their parking garage at the American Club.

kohlercharging_zpsc18cd496.jpg