Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Body Shop in NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, my 2015 Red MS was sideswiped yesterday, pretty bad damage to both door shells on the driver's side and right rear quarter panel. The doors both work though. This is in North NJ.

Anybody have recommendations on a good body shop? I have an appointment with a Paramus SC on the 17th for an estimate but wanted to shop around.

I used Mountain View Auto in Wayne. They did a great job and have a lot of experience with Teslas.

Michael is the owner.

New Jersey Auto Collision Repair Center
Sure, if you want to spend $20k on a $4k repair (serious). And wait months for parts (also serious). Bring it to the official Tesla Body Shop in Queens. They are absolutely amazing. They get parts quickly and they know Tesla better than anyone else. Flawless repair on my lift-gate and rear bumper, and they gave me Uber credit for free.

So, Paramus isn't equipped to do body repair, as you indicated, even though the app let me make an appt there. Queens had a long lead time. I looked at several "Tesla Certified" in NNJ and decided to go with Mountain View. My rear door needed to be replaced, front door fixed, read quarter panel fixed and all three painted. Mountain View turned it around in 2 weeks. Promised a date the day I dropped it off and 2 weeks later, it was ready. They have a Enterprise rental on site so picking up a rental there and dropping it off when the car was ready was super convenient. Their estimate was also comparable to other shops in the area.

I'm happy with them and would recommend them highly. They washed and vaccumed it before delivery and it came out looking like brand new.

• Informative
Reactions: KerryOH
Would second MountainView. I live in Wayne and they have been around almost 100 years. Just brought my wife's Cadillac there for some work and it came out real nice. Took 8 days to complete about $5k of non-insurance work, which I found to be a pretty reasonable on price and turnaround time.