Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good luck trying to schedule service...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The App defaults to Mobile vs Service Center based on the category you choose.
I didn't test every category but for me recently, every category defaulted to Service Center except "Other" would go to Mobile.
But recently as it's got very cold and snowy, other now defaults to Service Center as well.

I think this is why it asks your Preferred Service Center and home address first and then based on categories and season it will decide the default type of appointment. So far, so good for me.
For me this puts the first available appointment over a month away. We just got one of our cars back that took a month to "fix" a clunk in the steering. After getting it back we had a new clunk and there was no way to contact someone to say "hey, I think you made things worse" so they could make us a priority to get back in to adjust/fix whatever they probably didn't tighten or broke quickly. Instead it's been another month of waiting and praying that it won't leave us stranded somewhere some night on the side of the highway when it's 5-degrees outside.

The next caveat is that since we made that appointment for a critical repair we've had one of our door handles fail to present. I can't go into the appointment and add this or it will start our wait over again which will put us a full two months out from when we first made the second appointment. Now the hope is that when we take it in for service they can replace that real quick while it's in the shop getting the suspension/steering fixed as well. Otherwise it's going to be a Ranger Tech driving all of the way to our location to change out a handle a week or two later.

3-4 months to fix something that could render the car completely stranded at any moment is far too long. Especially in the winter months in Colorado.

Last edited:
You can only do this from the app on your phone now. will ask you for "preferred address" for service center and then nothing happens. even if you type in exact address.

Just another example of the CRAP service that will continue to get worse as the user base expands. Hopefully Tesla gets picked up in bankruptcy. the only thing they got going for them is the supercharger network
I could guess that you were from CA even before I looked

Remember that for the pre model 3 time, many service experiences were very good for some.
Before the Model 3 release my original S/C was excellent. When the Model 3 was released is when they fired/lost everyone, and the new faces just weren't any good at their jobs, didn't care, or they didn't replace everyone and it was understaffed. The decline was fast and immediately noticed. I used to know people there on a first name basis, and I noticed when service started to stink that nobody I knew was still working at Tesla.

I have a first name basis going with the new S/C. I hope they don't fire them all when the Y is released!

Reactions: aerodyne
For me this puts the first available appointment over a month away. We just got one of our cars back that took a month to "fix" a clunk in the steering. After getting it back we had a new clunk and there was no way to contact someone to say "hey, I think you made things worse" so they could make us a priority to get back in to adjust/fix whatever they probably didn't tighten or broke quickly. Instead it's been another month of waiting and praying that it won't leave us stranded somewhere some night on the side of the highway when it's 5-degrees outside.

The next caveat is that since we made that appointment for a critical repair we've had one of our door handles fail to present. I can't go into the appointment and add this or it will start our wait over again which will put us a full two months out from when we first made the second appointment. Now the hope is that when we take it in for service they can replace that real quick while it's in the shop getting the suspension/steering fixed as well. Otherwise it's going to be a Ranger Tech driving all of the way to our location to change out a handle a week or two later.

3-4 months to fix something that could render the car completely stranded at any moment is far too long. Especially in the winter months in Colorado.
Never had the option for mobile service, i guess here in the "home" of tesla they feel that there are a plethora of service centers so no mobile needed. even with the half dozen tesla service centers in the area they are ALL booked out for AT LEAST a month. then when you come in they quickly send you out with a tech that cannot verify your complaint and say, "come back when it gets worse". they have also discontinued loaners at 90% of the centers. Minimum stay for my last three visits has beena week and a half (new cinch motor, new motor and axles, dead steering wheel controls and horn)

I guess it depends on where the users are too. We have a lot of TESLAs in my area Northern Virginia so the appointment was scheduled for a month away but I just took the car in to the SC and was talking to a guy in less than 30 minutes. There was no issue so I am not sure what would have happened if they did find some thing wrong that is would they have asked me to come back at a later date or just kept the car and put me in a loaner.